Thursday, July 30, 2009

THURSDAY: Another two-day discussion.....

WOW.....have yesterday and today ever been busy, busy, busy for this sagging hulk of ME!!!!!! WHEW......perhaps it is JUST because I am a sagging hulk that when I really have to get some things accomplished, it seems like I have been working all the time...??? But......

I was supposed to have the truck back into the shop by 7:30 yesterday morning,......sooo, I got up at the usual time, had some great Starbucks Fr. Roast coffee and then....hopped into the truck and drove over to the Auto Body Shop. Well, I didn't even have to get out of the truck......the owner, Pat Kemp, came over to me to explain that the new front windshield had not arrived at this shop, sooooo....could I bring it back over on Friday morning?? Of course......it certainly isn't a problem this week.....so, back to the house I went.

I awakend the 1st Lady.....and then made haste to get back onto the ladder to complete the half-done task of washing the RV....and I wanted to get it done before the sun emerged from behind the gray clouds. Sooooo, I just did make my deadline.....the sun was present and pushing down on me for that last half hour, but outside of breaking into a humongous sweat, I got the job finished....except for the windows....and that will be done before we head west.

Finished with that at mid-morning, I quickly drank a couple of huge glasses of replacement water...and then the 1st Lady and began the task of loading the truck with particles of fence sections, as well as the broken patio table, and the Direct dish which had been damaged by the falling trees. And then, we were off to the other side of town...the location of the town "dump".....and within about 10 minutes of arriving, we had been assigned our "turn", backed it in and then threw it out the back onto the ever growing pile of......yep, you guessed it...shit!!! Back to the stick and brick....and another load of fence pieces which filled the truck, just as the 1st load had done. Back to the "dump".....and after another 20 minutes we were home.....dirty, a bit sore from the lifting and "dumping",and very, very HOT!!!! We had met the deadline, as tomorrow is the final day of FREE dumping of storm related items!!!

The remainder of the day I found myself immersed in communications by emails, computer chat line, and telephone .....all for the reunion of all of my former students one year from now. Sooooo much must be done, but as I have stated......just the locating of everyone, as soon as we know exactly WHO must be notified......it is such a huge task.

I continued to work on this project until 11pm last night, contacting various people and chatting with others. And.....soooo, my evening was just as busy, but in a different way, as the entire day.

THURSDAY:

Up this morning, my usual mug(s) of that dark, rich elixir.....the morning rituals, and then a morning of work around the house. I paused twice during the morning to make lengthy phone calls to two couples in Eldon......parents of band students of mine....and huge supporters and workers for the band in our trips to Rapid City, S. Dakota...and Daytona Beach, FL. I wanted to inform them of the upcoming reunion.....and get the necessary info so that I could contact their family members who were in band about this event. Each call lasted at least 45 minutes......so that about took up the morning.

This afternoon it drizzled off and on the entire time. We did have a visit from our contractor for the roofing job....and OMG.....he will be here about the middle of the week to get all of our work done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW......that will be great!!!!!. We can now leave on the 12th of August for Estes Park, leave the RV in storage in Loveland, and then after our week in Estes Park, we can then hook up, and go on up to Wyoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep....finally.....a return to one of my very favorite states, as well as visit some life-long friends from the USAF days of my Life. I am soooooooo damn excited!!!!!!! We will be there for the remainder of August and all of September....YEAH!!!!

I also made the reservations for our flight and hotel for our week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico the first week of November. Think I nailed a great price....as with all taxes for both flt and hotel, the flt from STL to Phoenix to Puerto Vallarta and return, 7 nights in the Riu Vallarta....a really super hotel on the beach WITH all meals and all drinks we want for the $100 each per day...total. Feel GREAT about that, also!!!!!!!!

Now to get our schedule set for October....as we now have to get dates settled for our trip to Hartford, CT and NYC. We have a couple of dates that have NOT been set that we are commited to during that month, and then figure out our trip east and get the reservations!!

Soooo, tomorrow back to the auto body shop with the truck in the morning, take the Park Avenue to a tire shop to have the tires rotated and balanced and then...hopefully get the lawn mowed, or at least started after the grass dries out. It is raining now...and the grass has grown quite a bit with these rains, so it will take longer to dry out....UGH. Then.....the RV must be waxed...before we make the trip out west....and I HATE to do that....but, I like the results when I am finished.

Sooooo.....another day is coming to a dreary close, but a day that has brought good news to us, and a day that saw us finalize some travel plans for the next few months......and, as always.........

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: