Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday: OMG.....an entire day with tech difficulties!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!! After my morning rituals and my French Roast coffee, I began the process of changing my internet access from Charter to ATT.......and after being on the phone for two hours, the tech support people told me to wait for a call from ATT, as they had to do some re-configuring of my connection, etc., etc. Soooo, all day long I hung out here doing other tech things waiting on a call. This afternoon.....I received three calls from AT&T....and each time I would pick up the phone and there would be no connection to anyone.....

During the day, I worked with the 1st Lady's computer which seems to have been invaded by some form of spam......as everyone on her hotmail address/contact list is receiving emails from her email address with nothing but crap on them. Soooo, we began to try to find out what the hell was/is going on....and with no luck. But, we spent several hours on this project.......and just like with ATT, no luck!!!!

Then, I decided it was time to get my new computer connected to our wireless HP All In One printer, scanner, fax, etc.........and, of course.....PROBLEMS!!!! Vista was not on the CD that came with the printer 1.5 years ago......soooooooo, another phone call to tech support for HP. No answer, so I went through their website and got onto a tech support chat line. OK........a two hour chat brought about the downloading from the support team of new software that would recognize Vista and coordinate it with the printer. Over two hours for this project..........

And then after dinner, I began the process of getting Tech Support again for ATT....and I spent the next three hours on the phone......most of the time in Cebu, Philippines and then was transferred to California. Finally....after those LONG three hours of telling the same story over and over to various individuals with varying degrees of English ability, I FINALLY was connected to the internet thru AT&T DSL.

Am I just getting tooooooo old to handle all of this tech crap???????? I do not like to admit this at all, but I am beginning to wonder about it........often! NOW......tomorrow, I have to get the AT&T modem to work with my wireless router.....and I can just imagine the problems I will have with that!!!! Then, the process for the 1st Lady's computer to connect with AT&T.....PLUS, trying to get rid of the spam/virus/whatever that is sending out emails from her address.

HAS ANYONE ON HERE HAD A PROBLEM LIKE ABOVE WITH YOUR ADDRESS BEING USED BY SOME UNKNOWN?????????? If so, please make a comment and give me some idea s to what the hell might be happening....and how to remedy the situation!!! PLEASE!!!

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am exhausted from sitting on my sagging ass hanging on to a phone, sitting in front of my computer and the 1st Lady's computer and on the phone again and chatting for over two hours working on connecting to my printer and trying to understand the tech support in the Philippines and...and...and..............somehow, I suppose that as usual(not really sure tonight), that......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also! (I'm seem to be a bit doubtful tonight)

No comments: