Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday: Nothing new......a Great Day!

AGAIN......another night of not being able to sleep until daylight! Hmmmm.....is this another sign of the beginnings of "old age"????? I have often heard from others that I respect who are now in the "elderly" class.....heard that it is difficult to sleep at night when you get old. You know......I now have plumbing problems...albeit they are under control with meds.......I now definitely have the infamous "short term" term memory loss (is today actually Thursday???).......I got excited today when I heard about the increase in next year's Social Security checks (even though I get VERY little SS since I was a teacher in Missouri where we don't contribute)......I enjoy talking about my past events and chapters in my Life(right, Michael?),........and more than anything else, my aging and evolving body has become consumed with the horrendous pull of gravity which I can no longer defy.......I am just one aging, sagging hulk of Me!!

Soooo.....to today. What happened in my Life today??? Hmmmm.....reread the above paragraph please as I sit here and try to remember what I did today.......

This morning Michael Goldsmith came over for our weekly ritual of communicating over steaming cups of French Roast coffee.......a tradition that use to be done daily prior to our morning band rehearsals at F'town High School......but, has now become a weekly meeting, if we are lucky! And.....since I mentioned the F'town HS band........I must say that I continue to be approached, just as Michael is, also......approached by many within the community(as well as former band students) concerned about the status of the band program here. Not having had any opportunity to hear or see the band this year, I cannot speak with authority, but only from the comments that I/we have received from those who have called and stopped us around town to express their sadness at how the band has diminished greatly in quantity of members, as well as quality of the performances. OK.....there....I have said it!....and will most likely be roundly chastised for having done so, but when I have so many community members stop me each time I am out and about town, I am beginning to believe that these individuals are really upset and concerned!! It should be noted that people DO notice these things......that the entire community was very proud of those 100+ kids each year that, "with Pride", wore those "new" uniforms and marched and played their way to over a decade of 1st Place and Grand Champion performances in competitions around the state of Missouri, as well as many other accolades which the individual students received for their many solo and ensemble performances at the Missouri State Music Festivals each year, as well as over $230,00 in music scholarships that were awarded to individual students as they left here for college and universities across the Midwest! Hmmmm.........Change always brings changes, doesn't it???????

This afternoon, I decided it was waaayyyy past time to get my lawn mowed....and since it was the PERFECT temperature for doing that 2.5 hours of pushing a mower in straight lines over the yard.......I gassed it up and, without breaking a sweat, I finished it in exactly 2.5 hours!!!! GREAT......just in time for my solo Happy Hour with my dark red medicine dosage being due at that time!! The 1st Lady still is at Dr. Jeni's and most likely will stay until Sunday morning.....as Dr. Jeni and Darrel each have some obligations to attend to this week.

And soooo, after a light supper......I have spent some time reading....and then I plan to watch the David Letterman Show tonight as McCain is supposed to show up tonight.....hahaaha!!!!

As I said above.....nothing new today,........however, I still feel certain that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: