Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday: Soooo.....what's new?

A very good question, isn't it? I always think about that when I prepare mentally to write these few little lines and then send them throughout cyberspace to everyone who is just sitting in front of their pc's.....waiting for my words of questionable wisdom to come dancing across their monitor screen. Well..........a bit of yesterday first.......

Another gorgeous autumn day here in SE Missouri from the time I hauled my sagging hulk out of the bed until I collapsed sometime last night.......my memory has already eliminated the correct time of that collapse!

I consumed a great quantity of Fr. Roast coffee.....as I worked to get the cup to my lips each time I needed some intake of caffeine. I was mucho more exhausted yesterday morning than I thought I would be........after all of that standing in a 12" x 12" square of dirt/concrete for over seven hours. But......all of that agony was worth ever sore muscle and every sore foot just to be a part of that MASSIVE amount of diverse humanity.....100,000 strong......that listened to Barack Obama give his 30 minute speech.....a speech that was given under the Gateway Arch.....the Gateway to the West. How symbolic!!!

I watched, with that refilled cup of steaming coffee, all three of the major Sunday morning talking heads shows........and was overwhelmed by the very thoughtful and well planned endorsement that Gen. Colin Powell gave to him yesterday on Meet The Press. And.....what he said, what he described, what his words meant were so well spoken!!

The 1st Lady returned home just before noon.......and soon, we were on the road to go visit with Mike for the afternoon and early evening. We stopped and picked up Becky and.........after a great visit, we returned home around 9pm last night.

Today?????? Well, we both took an early morning (8am) two mile power walk in about 27 minutes.....and then had breakfast following that. I spent some time outside, trimming our very large Butterfly Bush (HATE that word), pulling up some spent flowers and stems, and just some general getting ready for the winter season.

This afternoon, we went out to the local lumber store to pick up some lumber for some modifications we want to make in the garage for putting up some peg boards on the wall. We stopped at WalMart on the way back.....and that took much longer than either of us wanted to spend out there.

Supper was a "fix it yourself" meal.......which we do from time to time when we neither one are interested in a large evening meal. And then.........I spent some timeonline.....checking on the availability of various hotels in the French Quarter in New Orleans for two weeks from right now. Yep.......we will be gone on Election Day.......as we will run down to New Orleans for Election Day/Night. As I have mentioned, our youngest son is the Campaign Manager for the state of Louisiana for the re-election of US Sen. Mary Landrieu.......and he invited us to come down and join in the festivities that night.....hopefully, festivities. We will spend 3-4 four days there, enjoying that INCREDIBLE city.....and all that it has to offer in the way of some wonderful cuisine!!! We always like to stay in the Fr. Quarter when we are "hoteling" without TheHowserHouse........we can walk wherever we want to go within the Quarter and that is always nice. We haven't been down there since April........and it is way past time to return!!!!!

And sooooooo, another day bringing some not-so-good news for Obama with the serious illness of his grandmother, the spark in his young life, the one who supported and backed him in all of his endeavors. However,............as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: