Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday: A day in the garage..........ugh!!

No....I am not in the doghouse/garage!!!!

This was another one of Missouri's warm October days, even though by late afternoon the breezes began to arrive from the north, bringing thoughts about much cooler weather arriving with rains.

The 1st Lady and I spent the day in the garage, doing some things that we have put off for a year or more. We installed a couple of cabinets on the walls.....cabinets that we had taken out of the kitchen when we remodeled a couple of years ago. We also installed some pegboards to hang some of our tools, etc., etc..... And....then just some general cleaning and tossing and re-arranging the storage areas/shelves. Now.....this sounds like a quick job....however, it certainly took us longer than we had planned.....and it turned out to be a bit dustier and dirtier than we thought it would be....!!

By late afternoon.....very late.....we completed the tasks.....and while she was finishing some sorting of a few boxes, I prepared dinner for both of us. A couple of doses of dark red medicine certainly helped to finish off the meal..........

An evening of sofa sitting......catching a few evening shows on the tellie.....and taking care of doing some editing of pictures that I have in my folders. Tomorrow????? Not sure....see how the weather evolves..........and if it rains, I have some writing to do which will take me a few hours to draft, edit, and then print out for a friend of mine.

And sooooo, I need to get our reservations for a hotel in the French Quarter in New Orleans for the end of next week, so I will close this for today. Even after spending the day in the garage......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: