Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Morning: Online....but, still problems!

OMG.....what these last few has done to my mental stress level!!!! I believe I may be down to 65 hairs as I am sure that I have pulled a few out during this "crisis" in our stick and brick!!! We have no idea what has occurred.....is it a "bug" or is it just that it has been a few of those days when the shit hits the fan all at one time???!!!

Soooooooo much has happened that I am not sure I can even recall which day it all began and the events that transpired. At one time we had absolutely NOTHING...NADA....working: neither of the laptops, not the printer, not the router, not the new AT&T modem/router, not the Charter cable modem.....we were totally cut off from the outside world of communication like being on an island in the Pacific!!

First off......the day after I spent soooo much time on the phone with AT&T trying to get their modem installed and going, it went down again.....with erratic off and on lights and no service. Finally, after much discussion with them, with them checking from their remote locations....they determined that their "new" modem was not working.....didn't I tell them that??? Soooo, they said they would mail me a new one....3-5 days....DAMN!!! Soooo, thankfully I had not cancelled our Charter cable interent service.....however, it went down also. After talking with them, I determined that because we had cancelled our phone service with them, they assumed we were also cancelling the internet service!!!!!!! DAMN!!!! And, so they re-installed our service which took quite a bit of time.

Then the next day after that, it went down again......and after seveal hours of testing, they determined that it was our router, so I turned it off. Is it that? I am not sure, but hated to go through the process of re-hooking it up and then perhaps having more trouble with the Charter modem, so I just am hooked up to the internet with an umbilical cord to my laptop.

All of this time, the printer was not communicating with either of our laptops....and so night before last, I spent FIVE hours on HP's chat line with their tech services. Of course....I had not purchased the extended warranty last year when we purchased the HP 3310 All-In-One Photosmart printer....and so, I could not get voice tech support without a high fee. After those five hours, the connection to the 1st Lady's pc was still not working except with the USB cable connected.

Then yesterday morning, her laptop went down completely. Deadly blue screens arrived and disappeared before they could be completely read and digested.......and then she was able to do some word processing things but not able to get online through any pathway!!!

I have never been able to communicate with the printer in any way.....cable or router.....and it is because of VISTA!!!! I have attempted to download a new driver with software from them, but as yet, no success.

This morning, I have my laptop going to the internet, and that is good, but the 1st Lady's cannot get online in any way.....and so, we are partially going.

And soooo, I will close for now....and wonder will happen today????? More later....and I do apologize for not being able to write as I always have done!!!!! Still, we are still walking on this beautiful earth....the weather is gorgeous, however.....a hard freeze is predicted for tomorrow night, but.....as always....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, oh boy! I hate Vista as well! though I have not had the problems you have, nothing and I mean nothing is compatible with Vista!!! Best of luck to you and I hope that you get back soon. Miss reading you! LOVE YOU BOTH!