Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday: A day of physical working......

A beautiful day dawned and this sagging hulk of Me was up and going by 7:30 this morning. A steaming cup of dark, French Roast coffee from freshly ground beans helped to get my hulk going 100%.....

By mid-morning I was given some tasks to do around F'town....i.e....taking checks to a couple of places for their monthly payments(water dept, etc,etc.), a trip to Walmart for some items, and a lengthy trip to the Post Office to take care of several matters.

After a quick lunch......I was soon on the tall ladder and washing off the front end of TheHowserHouse, which was covered by smashed bugs from our summer travels. In fact.....as I was cleaning off these bugs, there were a couple of bugs from Quebec, still hanging on to the RV and hoping to get loose so they could return to their own home country where they could chirp/make noise in French. Gently removing them......and they were soon on their way to the northeast so they could feel more comfortable without struggling in English.

After getting the front end cleaned up.......and while waiting for it to dry....I washed the truck. Again, it had been tooooo much time since it had had a bath and it was good to see the original color once again when I finished it. Then.....back up on the ladder with the wax and I was soon applying it and then waiting for it to dry......which then, of course, I used some arm muscle to polish it. I did wax it twice....and it looks much better!!!! WHEW!!!!

We leave on Wednesday for the Springfield, IL area for the Rally. And, of course.....it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh well.....at least I know it WAS clean....haha.

I neglected to discuss above the troubles I had with my insurance which I have to supplement my Medicare.....the same school insurance I have had since 1988 when I joined the faculty here at F'town. For the second time my insurance was screwed up......and I discovered this when I was charged 30% more than I should have been for my two monthly scripts. Returning home, and after several hours of being on the phone to the school's Bd of Ed Office, the insurance company, WalMart.......and it was finally coordinated and resolved. I have no idea why this happens.....I don't know if the school's office is not monitoring the status of their employees/past employees close enough each month.....or something else?! But anyway, tomorrow I will try to get a grip on this and see if I can somehow prevent this from occurring again.

Michael Goldsmith is coming over in the morning for coffee.....and I cannot type his name on here without returning within my mind to the un-Christian events that happened to him when he was suddenly fired from the Meadow Heights (Baptist) Church just outside of town. I put the word "Baptist" in brackets because they, for some reason, have removed that as part of the official name of the church. Michael is finally on track for a temporary employment position....and it has been difficult to find any gainful position. I still return to what I have said earlier a couple of times.............with the way the entire Goldsmith family was banned from entering the church for a very surreal reason......what type of church would do this to young people....children.....and I ask the same question again: What would Jesus do??????? Certainly not what the staff of Meadow Heights Church did to them!!!!!!!! A Christian way of resolving a conflict/disagreement???? No, it is not....and no one can disagree with that!

And so......to more pleasant things.........it has been a very good day, even though my arm and shoulder muscles are now cursing me for over-working them this afternoon......and, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: