Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday: A slow day around the stick and brick.....

OMG.....what has happened to my good sleep patterns???? ANOTHER night of awakening in the wee hours and not being able to get back to sleep.......UGH!!!! Soooo, the morning hours were in kind of a haze......which slowed down my sagging hulk of Me.

This afternoon, after a small nap.....I went outside and burned all of the twigs, small sticks, small limbs, and dried plants that I had been putting in an ever-growing pile for several months. We can burn here in the big city of F'town from Oct 15 to Nov 15, which allows me time to gather the leaves and get rid of them before the cut-off date arrives.

Well.....plans change at the last minute oftentimes, don't they? Since I wasn't interested in going by myself, agan, I had given up on going to the huge Obama Rally at the Arch in STL by mid-afternoon......and then......

I talked with Sue Hanner and discovered that she and her daughter, Audra, and then one of Sue's grandsons were going, so I quickly began to formulate a few plans for the EARLY morning trip. They are staying in a hotel across from the Arch.....going up later this evening. I decided to just leave about 4:30 in the morning so I can find a parking spot and get in line by 6:30am. The gates open at 10+am....and the rally begins at 12 noon. One of the 6pm news programs from a STL channel said they are expecting upwards of 50,000 there for this event!!!! THAT will be a lot of people standing in line, going through the security checks, and then standing and standing and standing some more. I KNOW.....I have done it twice before!!

BAD NEWS!!!! I do not have my camera as the 1st Lady took it with her to Dr. Jeni's.....so, I will take my 35MM and then have to PAY to get them developed at some later date. UGH!!!!!

And soooo, a slow day.....a lazy, mentally hazy day....and hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Hmmmm, perhaps not......to leave at 4:30 means a VERY early awakening....in only a few short hours from now. However............we all know that.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: