Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday: A beautiful, beautiful day!!!

An apology for not writing last night.......for some reason I was exhausted way more than I actually thought I was....and after sitting down to watch some tellie, I awoke a couple of hours later and crawled off to bed.

Therefore........no post last night!!

But.....today, rested and ready for this day.....I was up and going at 7am, and after the usual morning rituals, I was just in the process of making my French Roast coffee when the phone rang. As always, just like a call in the middle of the night, I wonder who is ill, who has died, or what accident has occurred to someone in the family or circle of friends. Well.......those few seconds of worry were all for nothing........it was the fellow from AT&T calling to say he would be here at the house in a few minutes.

Now, to back up a few hours.......yesterday my new AT&T modem/router arrived via UPS and I immediately began to get it installed and running. Guess what????!!!!! NO LUCK!!!! I finally gave up and called AT&T and was soon talking with someone in either the Philippines or India. For about 40 minutes I followed this heavily accented guy working at some call center.....until he gave up himself....called his supervisor over....and soon I was transferred to some other call center where I was told that I would have to have an AT&T service man come out to the house.
Hence......the guy arrive this morning at 8am......

Well, after checking all the phone lines inside and out with the little laptop type testing equipment, he found that inside there was a problem. Soooo, after a quick check around, he did some re-wiring and soon, I was connected to the internet........FINALLY!!!!

As he worked, we visited and soon realized that that he knew Dr. Jeni and her husband, Darrel, and we were soon chatting away about many topics. A GREAT guy........and it was great to meet him....a F'town guy who had graduated from HS here in 1988, the year that we moved here to F'town. Soooo, a bit later.....he left.

About 15 minutes later.....I should have expected this with all of the luck?? I have had lately with tech problems........I dialed a number on the phone only to discover that I had NO phone connection. SHIT!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Soooo, back through all of the computerized answering people on AT&T....and soon I was in India again......and after explaining to them that this young man had JUST left my home and had to be in this same town, they check it out, called and left a message on his cell phone from India, and about 15 minutes later, the doorbell rang and he was here....again.

I told him that I had had to call India to get to come back here from just across town....and we had a good laugh.....and within five minutes, he had the problem isolated and repaired!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!!

WOW....I just can't believe how much trouble we have had here in the stick and brick with our tech equipment!!!! And yet......we still have to get hooked up to the wireless printer which could be a problem......ANOTHER problem! That is for tomorrow........................

This afternoon.....I thought about getting out and taking a walk on such a gorgeous day, but soon thought better of that....as I needed to mow the lawn and the leaves.....and by doing that, I "killed two birds with one stone" and got my exercise as well as taking care of the lawn. Not finishing, I stopped about time for "Happy Hour", fixed myself a dose of my dark red medicine and enjoyed some new chips that we purchased last week: Pringles chips that are in a small little package with various flavors available....and these were chips with a parmesan cheese flavor and OMG....they were incredible!!!!! Look for them....try them out......(this is not a paid advertisement).......they are soooooooooo good.

Again, the phone rang.....and soon I was on my way to the HannerHouse for dinner, some great conversations, some drinks, and then we watched the soooooo well produced and created 30 minute Obama advertisement. Excellently done......!!!

And now.......as I said above....it was a beautiful day, a great day to spend outside, some tech problems corrected........and, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: