Monday, October 27, 2008

MONDAY: A quick trip into St Louis

WOW......a preview of winter is here!!! Today was windy, cloudy, and very chilly.......and I looked at the calendar to see how many weeks before we can depart for the Rio Grande Valley in Texas......tooooo many, UGH!!! Tonight.....down to 26 frigid degrees......not my idea of pleasant weather.

Yesterday.....I spent part of the day transferring all of the 1st Lady's document files on her computer to CD's......as well as tons of pictures to CD's, also. This took more time than I had anticipated, but I got it completed before today. Her pc is not in good health, as I have mentioned and it did not improve any yesterday. Sooooo,......I decided to run it into STL to the certified Toshiba repair shop on Brentwood Blvd....just a few blocks south of the Galleria Shopping Center.

The 1st Lady left yesterday, late afternoon, to go visit her mother in NE Missouri, just west of Hannibal for a few days. She is not in very good health and so the 1st Lady intends to spend as much time with her as possible before we head the RGV.

Soooo, today I went into the city...takes about 1.5 hours depending on the traffic, especially after leaving the interstates and getting into the city streets. I went to the PC Repair there to take her pc...and to pick up my dead one that has been there for more time than I want to mention....haha!! Well......after discussing the 1st Lady's pc problems with the guru there, we discussed repair prices, etc.,etc......and then he just suggested that the problems might be resolved if the Recovery Disc would be used......so, he told me, this technologically challenged sagging hulk, how to go about it....and I was soon on my way to a bit of shopping.

There are several great shops just a block north of the repair shop and......I went up there where several of them are located in one "strip mall"......and I got some great ideas for a few things we want to do in our remodeling project that we are now planning for next spring. More on this project later...........I swore I would NEVER to this again, but.......we only have two more rooms and we will be finished...the laundry room and the main bathroom.

I returned by 4:30....and then spent over an hour using the Recovery Disc on her computer....and it seemed to fix MOST items. Connecting to the internet with an umbilical cord is not possible, BUT.......she can get online with our wireless in the stick and brick. Soooo, that is a vast improvement!!!!!

Tonight.....I am trying to catch up on some picture organizing as well as checking out the hotel situation in N Orleans. Think we have decided on The Provincial Hotel...only three blocks from Cafe du Monde......a GREAT coffee and beignet (sp?) cafe!!!! GREAT!!! So, after checking with the 1st Lady in the morning, I will make the reservations......

It was really good to be in STL and to do some window shopping and looking without spending any money, other than for some incredible cookies at the "Whole Foods" grocery and then for a wonderful semi-dry Starbucks cappuccino.......a great combination for enjoyment!!!! And......as always, no matter what the circumstances.......I have to say that.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: