Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday: WHAT in the world is happening to this sagging hulk of me?????

Yep....it is Tuesday evening and I find myself playing that damn game of "catch-up" once again.....WHY???????? Am I sick???.....NO! Am I tired of writing????......NO! Do I not have enough time????......NO!!! You know.......I, the sagging hulk of Me, do not have a really good and valid answer.........hmmmmm,....I will keep thinking about this and let you know(if I find out).

Soooo, yesterday??? Not really much of anything happened that I can even remember 24 hours later.....hahaha!!! (I did read some yesterday.....isn't that interesting??) Is that "short term memory loss"???? Well, I will use that excuse quite readily because I do notice that that little mental problem is becoming more frequent......UGH!!!! What will rear it's ugly head next????

Today???? OK....hasn't been that long ago so I can remember today....besides, my arm muscles are telling me tonight EXACTLY what I did today. When I pulled myself out of the bed and upon opening the drapes, I jumped for joy as it was VERY cloudy, a really nice breeze was moving the limbs and leaves of the many trees around here, and I knew right then that I was going to get that Fr. Roast coffee going quickly......and then begin the task of waxing the unwaxed side of TheHowserHouse. And that.....I did.

After three hours, I did get that side waxed and was all ready to move to the front of the RV when I was blinded by the emerging sun which quickly brought a clearing of the sky and within a few short moments the sky was blue and there were no clouds. OK......another strike against me....as I gave up on the waxing, put the ladder and stuff away, and then went inside to fix myself a little lunch, which I enjoyed outside on the patio.

About 1pm....I made the decision that it was wayyyyy tooooo nice to not be outside, so I gassed up the lawn mower.....and for the next three hours, I pushed it around the lawn.........carefully mowing the lengthening grass, until the lawn really looked better than it has since last spring. And.....it made me feel good getting that exercise......except the arm muscles!

After a quick shower, I enjoyed a little Happy Hour by myself........drinking deeply of the dark red medicine which was giving off a wonderful bouquet after the traditional swirling of the liquid inside the glass......plus a few Tostidos Hint of Lime chips. Ahhhhh......a good combination and one that was quite nice.....

A little after 6pm I left for the Hanner House where I enjoyed one of Chef Sue's very tasty dinners. We relaxed and dined on their deck overlooking the setting sun....and it was really a great way to end a day of physical activity. Every time we are together we always seem to just scratch the surface of each and every topic that is injected in into the conversations.......and so by the time I left, we still had sooooo much left unsaid in our discussions...........and, we can never get those topics wrapped up and finished......NEVER.

Back up on Buford Heights, I once again have the entire HowserHouse to myself. The 1st Lady will remain at Dr. Jeni's until the end of the week, assisting with the tasks of taking care of Max while Dr. Jeni returns this week to her dental practice and her clients.

And so......another day full of activity and a lovely dinner during the setting of the sun......and it all only supports my innate feelings that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Goldenchild said...

I enjoy reading your blog every time! I feel like my arms ache just reading through the descriptions! haha. Though I'm glad to see you're making it by yourself! I hope all is well! I miss spending a day of the week at your home... If i'm ever in the neighborhood i'll have to stop by! Well enjoy the next few nice days before the rain hits!