Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday: Yesterday.....

Yesterday, Friday......was a day spent working in the yard and trying to get it mowed and trimmed as we plan to leave on Sunday for a few days. I also had to pick up our Buick as I had had the front windshield replaced. This proved to take a bit longer than I had planned.....as when I drove it home and began to look at it a bit closer.....I realized that the it was not completely finished out down at the bottom where the rubber meets the glass. Soooooo, back I went and that took another hour of waiting around there at the shop.

WOW.......thank goodness for insurance!!! The entire replacement was $858!!!! Those wired windows, with all of the electronic stuff in the mirror, make those windows really expensive!!! WHEW......at least my part was only $50!

While sitting in the waiting room, I began talking with this older gentleman.....a guy who had been drafted during the Korean War era..........although, he served his time in Germany. We started political talking....and he said that for the first time in his life...he planned to vote for the Democratic ticket for President. He stated that McCain was just too old for the tasks of the job....and that Palin should be removed from the ticket immediately. This fellow was 80 years old.....and a former farmer in the area. We then discussed the age factor.....and both agreed that at 72, it is just not possible to multi-task as well as needed for the job of being President of the country!

Yesterday evening, we were guests at the Hanner House for drinks, dinner, and debate watching. It was good to see their youngest daughter and family, Danielle and Ozzie, and their little daughter Sophie!!!! They live in Chicago and both have very active careers there. Also, their oldest daughter, Audra was with us, as well as their son's son Christopher. Joining the group was another former student, Banessa Robinson Francis....and I had not seen her for several years. It was great to see her again!!

We did not eat dinner until a bit after 7pm......since Ozzie is a Muslim, as he is from Turkey, but when we did......WOW, was it a great meal!! THANKS again, Sue and Dave!!!! And....the menu which included a couple of items from Turkey.....again, WOW!!! I need those recipes....

Watching the debate, the age difference becomes even more striking between the two candidates!!!!!! McCain was his normal self......but, the first thing I noticed was his inability to talk and look at Obama when speaking to him! And.....from hearing the "pundits" on tv afterwards, they also picked up on this problem with him. On the other hand, I thought he McCain seem a bit grouchy.....and I tried really hard to be non-partison.......Obama seemed at ease, not tense, and actually appeared to be enjoying the evening.

Now.....it is Sat evening.....all of the above was written either last night or this morning before we went into STL. Soooo, the various polls have come out today while I was gone....and they are all more than interesting to say the least.

I bought a new laptop this afternoon......another Toshiba Satellite and it has Windows Vista, which I am not trying to find my way around using it, as well as getting used to the new laptop. Time will tell as to how I adjust and like this one......???!!!

Sooo, this will be closed for tonight......I need some time to work on settings, etc., etc. and just read and experiment. We are going to the Lake of the Ozarks tomorrow and will be there until Thursday. Wifi is in the campground......soooo, just hope it is working well. If not......well, I may not get any posting done.......

With a new laptop.......I am certain that, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: