Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday/Monday: Back to the Stick and Brick.....

WOW.......I will be in the grave before long if these days continue to zoom by as swiftly as these last few have gone!!!! I am almost dizzy from the speed........

Yesterday? Hmmmm.......not sure where it went........it just disappeared while at the home of the 1st Lady's mother. I watched a couple of the Sunday morning talking head shows.......enjoyed a great dinner of baked chicken and dumplings......and then became a couch potato most of the afternoon and evening. I did spend quite a bit of time just doing some reading.........sat out on the porch for a couple of hours until the mosquitoes began to attack and take control of the exposed skin on my body......no mental visuals, please......nothing obscene for them to enjoy!

Today????? After fresh coffee on the patio......we were soon loading the car with out "things" and then down the road we went towards STL. We stopped on the west side at Chesterfield Valley Mall.......spent an HOUR in World Market.....mainly looking discussing, and then selecting some wines to bring home for the wine rack, along with some various dips from their gourmet section.

Then we decided on Red Lobster for lunch.....GREAT prices on their lunch menu...ALWAYS! I had the Lobster and Shrimp Pasta....and the 1st Lady enjoyed the Fried Shrimp. We shared one of their wonderful baked potatoes, enjoyed our respective salads.....and had a very good meal.

Making a call to the computer hospital, I talked with the computer doctor and told him I had a Recovery Disk......and asked if he needed one for my sick laptop. He replied that he did need one for this laptop....and so we made the drive into STL, about a mile or less south of the Galleria on S. Brentwood Blvd......"PC Repair".....which is recommended by Toshiba.....one of three places in STL!!!

We arrvied back at the stick and brick around 5:30pm......and found ourselves NOT wanting any supper after the late lunch which was soooo filling. I unloaded the car, discovered that our wonderful city government had NOT picked up the downed limbs/sticks from the visit by IKE last week.....limbs/sticks that I had neatly stacked on the side of the curb......and realized that a phone call or visit might be necessary in the morning. I also need to go up to Park Hills, about 25 miles from here to Griffin's RV Sales and bring home the lonely HowserHouse.....as it is completed and ready to return home. Soooo, a busy day tomorrow........ And.....I know that the past couple of days have gone by quickly, but not so quickly that I do not realize that I am sooooo lucky because.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: