Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday: Another beautiful day....WOW!!!!

WHAT an incredible day......and the morning was a great preview of the rest of the day. I sat out on the deck about 9 this morning, sipping my hot coffee(no Fr. Roast) and thinking about what I should do with my laptop....which is on the critically ill sick list. It was soooooo damn quiet...only the birds singing and an occasional squirrel making squirrel sounds...hmmm, just what are they called, anyway? The pool looked soooo inviting down below me, but the "business" of the day did not allow for a dip/swim.

Returning inside to the large bay window overlooking the back lawn and the larger of the two decks, I did some searching online for Toshiba repair centers....and after filling out the info, it led me to three Toshiba repair centers in the greater STL area.....and they were not at any of the electronic nationwide stores. In checking out the address on mapquest, I quickly realized that one of these centers was the very same place on South Brentwood that I had used a couple of years.......the time I turned over my large mug of hot Fr. Roast....right into the laptop!!!

So, when the time for the repair center to open I called them, talked with the same man who had repaired it two years ago.....and told him I would be there this afternoon. From that time on, it was enjoy Ava...until she went to the sitter...a couple of miles from their home. Then it was enjoy Max, when he was awake, and do some reading of my favorite newspapers online.

After lunch, the 1st Lady and I drove into the city and quickly located the repair shop. I took in the laptop, discussed the ailment with the computer doctor, and then after saying a fond farewell, I left it with him for an examination and hopefully, a diagnosis. The good doctor did tell me he thought it might be his very important part....the hard drive. In discussing a possible surgery for it, we discussed the costs without any insurance......not as horrific as I had imagined. Anyway.....he is going to keep it there in the computer hospital for at least a week before he will make any decision, as his surgical appointments are completely full as of now. Hmmmm........what a long, long week this will be!

From there, we stopped at a HUGE Bath and Kitchen Center on Manchester Ave.....and spent almost an hour looking at bathroom models, equipment, and baths/whirlpool tubs/showers, etc., etc. We are beginning to entertain the thoughts and ideas of digging in and re-modeling our older bath, as well as our good sized laundry room. Yep.....I mentioned this earlier and had several ask if I/we are REALLY ready to begin another remodeling project.......and, to be quite honest, we are not sure just yet. We do want to update these two rooms.....definitely.....but not sure we want to deal with the mess for a few weeks............?????????

After that, we rushed on down Manchester to the 270 to go north for a few miles to the 64 which only goes west as of now.....as the east section is closed for widening. As I approached the ramp....about 1/2 to a 1/4 mile from it, I was in the lane to get on the ramp, the cars in front of us stopped abruptly......and I quickly applied the brakes and managed to stop in time to not hit the truck in front of me......as he was sliding from his quick stop and his tires were burning and smoking from the brakes. I quickly eyeballed the rear-view mirror and noticed that I was about to be rear-ended.....and then noticed that that vehicle was going to get stopped, however the ones behind that one were trying to get around it, onto the shoulder and the next lane on the highway. The truck in front of me then DID hit the car in front of him, and the two vehicles behind the car right on my bumper collided with each other, so there were four crashed vehicles around us........and we were SAFE! WHAT a frantic and scary 20 seconds or so.........whew!!!

We went ahead towards Monroe City......and in about 2.5 hours we were there and sitting in her mother's living room. Tomorrow........her mother has a C-scan.......and we will see how things are going deep inside her.......???

WOW....what a varied day: beautiful, quiet, and then the busy city, an almost car crash, and finally back to northern Missouri. But, as always in my daily Life.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: