Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday: Another two-day post.....

WOW.....did I ever crash and burn last night.....early. Why???? Not sure as yesterday was not a busy day, however.........

After having a couple of cups of Fr. Roast coffee yesterday morning, I went to see Mike and spent a few hours, plus having lunch with him. Returning, I stopped at a couple of places in Cape Girardeau for a bit of shopping and looking. Didn't buy anything other than a cappuccino at Starbucks, a new black cartridge for our printer....and something else but can't remember what it was. Guess it wasn't too important...was it?

Last night....well, there wasn't a damn thing on the tellie that was of any value, so I just turned it off, got my book, and read with a bit of music in the background. Well.....the next thing I knew was that it was 1:30AM...and so I hauled my very sagging hulk to bed!!!! And.....DAMN....then I couldn't go back to sleep for what seemed like forever!

SUNDAY.....

Soooo, this morning I pulled myself out of bed, had some Fr. Roast coffee, some fresh peaches on my cereal, and then watched a few of the "talking heads" Sunday morning shows. I had BIG plans to finish waxing the RV, but the sun kept coming out from behind, or through, the cloud cover and I didn't want to apply the wax in the direct sunlight, so I just gave up on that thought. And the thing is I REALLY wanted to get this finished this morning.

Soooo, I washed some of the windows....both inside and outside....this morning. Thankfully, the new windows all pull down and into the room, so no ladder was necessary to wash them from the outside! And....they look much, much better now!!!

This afternoon....well, it just slipped away. I spent an hour making a trip out to WalMart and picking up some items......and then the rest of the afternoon was just spent doing a whole lot of nothing!!! Guess I can rest on Sundays......right?

This evening, I fixed a great little supper.....BLT's with fresh tomatoes....and a couple of ears of corn-on-the-cob.....again freshly picked yesterday. I bought both the tomatoes and the corn yesterday at the Jackson Produce Market....and thankful that I did, because they were both really, really GREAT!!!

Tomorrow.....well I am supposed to meet a former student of mine for coffee......she is now an Assistant Attorney General for the state of Missouri, working in Jay Nixon's office in Jefferson City. She was an outstanding alto sax player...and she was such a joy to work with because she was a perfectionist and wanted each and every note to be shaped the correct way with just the right nuances with the attacks and releases.......a really great saxophonist!!

And so......the 1st Lady remained at her mother's tonight...and in the morning will go to Dr. Jeni's with the plans now being that she will remain there at least through Thursday, as Dr. Jeni is returning to her Dental practice after being away for a little over a month with the arrival of Max into their home!!! I'm certain that the 1st Lady will enjoy doing a few days of Max-sitting!!!!

Today.......a relaxing day (again!!) and a quiet day around TheHowserHouse......but, without a doubt......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: