Saturday, September 20, 2008

Friday/Saturday: Two stunning days in NE Missouri...

A quick update as Wifi here is very sketchy.....I am piggybacking from someone here in the neighborhood....and it just is very erratic with very vew strong signals.

Yesterday...the 1st Lady took her mother into Hannibal for a C-Scan which took most of the morning due to the preps for her. She is allergic to Iodine.....and therefore, strong precautions must be taken during any tests which she is subjected to. Yesterday's went off OK.....results for her abdominal aortic aneuyrism scan will not be known for a couple of days...or so.

Me??? I enjoyed the morning reading....when I could get online....the morning papers. Enjoyed my coffee out on the patio.....and then did some reading on my current Robt. Ludlum novel. Was I relaxed??? You bet!!!

SATURDAY.....

This morning, after my coffee on the patio, we went into Hannibal to take her mother shopping for some groceries. She said she was feeling good....so, off we went, shopping at several grocery stores, WalMart, and an Ace Hardware store for a few things. Lunch was at Long John Silver's Greasy Fish Place........and it lived up to the above name!!!! A FAR, FAR cry from the wonderful fish we dined on up in the Maritime Provinces of Canada this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This evening we watched CNN and the discussion with five of the former Sec. of State individuals.....and it was an extremely well-run and organized program, being broadcast from George Washington University. My only comment is that there was not enough time allotted for any real, in-depth discussions on the various topics that were discussed!!!!

And soooo, so I can get this posted......it has been two relaxing days, two gorgeous weather days, and all very enjoyable! (SURE glad we have two laptops!!) As usual, I can truthfully say that..............

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: