Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mon/Tuesday: Still here!!! Still writing!!!

Yesterday???? Well.....it started as a slow day around here.....both of us just not doing too much and not wanting to do too much. However, as the day progressed we began to prepare for our invited guests, Mike and Melissa Goldsmith, and who had been invited for drinks and dinner for the evening. Yep......we have discussed this for some time but had never been able to lock down a time when all four of us could spend an evening together.......but.....this time we DID IT!!!

They arrived about 5pm......and the 1st Lady became the drink fixer......and we all had a couple of Margaritas and several various appetizers, along with some wonderful conversation about various topics.....and lots of discussion on certain ones.

By 7pm....we had dinner on the table and the main entree was one that Mike had been wanting to try for SEVERAL years.....haha! I have talked about this easy way of fixing ground beef.....and as I said above, this time he finally had the opportunity to have a go at it. Called "Warsaw Burgers"......it is a simple recipe that I had run across in a cookbook....and did just a small little bit of improvising on it. It is really quite good.....sort of like comfort food......and it is so easy to prepare that I hesitate to even discuss it. Ground beef, chopped garlic cloves, chopped onion, sour cream, and a can of cream of celery soup. Sweat the onion and garlic, add the beef and brown it, adding the soup and sour cream and let it simmer for a short time. Take two cans of little triangular rolls....and then fill each one of those 16 triangle pastries with the beef mixture, fold them over and seal them(as best you can) and then bake them until golden brown. Yep.....they are yummy.....yep, they are easy to fix......and yep......give them a try. For more info, just communicate with me!

After stuffing ourselves with the Warsaw Burgers, baked potatoes, green beans, corn-on-the-cob, fresh hot bread, and wine.........we cleaned the table and decided to play "Sequence".....and as always, we had fun! Dessert was served afterwards.......and we all enjoyed the dark chocolate "volcano cake" with hot chocolate sauce and ice cream. Oh yeah......we were all stuffed........and it was a wonderful evening with good food and very good friends!!!!

TODAY???

Up and going around 7AM....and then after my Fr. Roast Coffee and cereal, I was outside by 9AM and began working on cleaning the yard for about an hour.....raking up the twigs and small branches, as well as moving the LARGE ones which had all fallen into the yard during our visit from IKE on Sunday. Finishing that unpleasant task......I mowed the lawn for the next three hours.....and did get it finished. Looks good.....and should last a week!!!

This afternoon I just relaxed after getting so overheated mowing the lawn.......and then just kicked back and enjoyed the remaining hours of daylight. Tomorrow, I have an appt. with my "plumbing doctor"....and then we will be going to Dr. Jeni's for the night. From there we will go on to visit the 1st Lady's mother for the weekend. I may not be able to post while there........but, fear not......I will be returning to this blog ASAP!!!

There is a hidden meaning.......well, to be "politically correct", it is a "coded phrase".....in the title to this post concerning the post I wrote this past Saturday night. As I wrote about the "mutual agreement" which Mike Goldsmith was asked to sign by the church staff and the Goldsmith's and their three children being "banned" from entering the church for any reason..........I was not the only blogger to write about this incident of Mike being fired after seveal years of outstanding work for the church....as so many others have testified to. Several other bloggers, some church members and at least one non-church member, were STRONGLY told to remove their posts from their respective blogs by the staff members of the church.....the posts whereby they discussed this incident concerning the Goldsmith's. I repeat.......were TOLD to remove their blog posts where they had discussed this sordid and sad story online,.....and most of them did. Hmmmmm.........have I been asleep.....and,... we no longer have the right of "free speech"????? Perhaps there should have been a few "Letters to the Editor" in the local paper concerning this/these incident(s)????!!!! On the other hand, perhaps these bloggers were concerned that they, too, might be "banned" from the church........???? Again, I ask: WWJD???? CERTAINLY not what has been done during these past 8 weeks at this church.

Soooo, yes.....as you can see/read, I am STILL WRITING! And.....I will continue to write my almost-daily posts which, as you know, cover many varied topics, expressing the thoughts and views and experiences during my Life of the past 65 years....and the years that I have left

And so....another day...actually 2 days....have disappeared quickly. But....no matter how fast they fly by.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Goldenchild said...

Love the post as usual... My parents were so excited to get to spend time with you guys... By the post I believe they probably had a grand time.

And thanks for being an honest blogger... I'm tired of reading between the lines... no one should have to write a certain way because a leadership team or Church "staff" feels that it is... church blasphemy?

Well I'm pretty sure God doesn't care If I write about urine on my blog... He loves me... no matter what... and no matter what my father apparently did or didn't do.


SO blog on... It's not about them... it's about sharing life together... and connecting!