Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday: And the 1st Lady returns......

Whew.....I had to get my sagging ass out bed this morning at 6:30...UGH!!!!! TheHowserHouse had to be at Griffon's RV Trailer Sales in Park Hills by 9:30. Well....of course, I HAD to have a couple of cups of my Fr. Roast coffee just to get myself going at full steam......and then I waited until this morning to check all 8 tires' air pressures. A couple of them needed a bit more air, as I anticipated due to the a couple of cooler evenings this week...and so that took a few minutes.

I left Buford Heights around 8:30......waiting until I was sure that the school traffic would be no longer.......and then head through town. Recently we have had a "roundabout" (sp?) installed where a new highway bypass is being constructed.....and as I have watched it from time to time become a reality, I felt certain that it was tooooooo small....not allowing for semi's and large towed RV's would not be able to stay in the lane to make the circle turn. AND......I was CORRECT!!!! Yep....by the time I had made the circle half-way around, TheHowserHouse was running over part of the very low curbing even tho I had pulled the truck all the way to the right side of the lane!!! I feel certain that the curbing was constructed very low for that very reason.......assuming that other long, towed trailers would not have enough of a circle to stay in the lane. WHY can't they build something they way it should be....when they first build it????????? Now, before long they will have to re-construct the broken concrete curbing around the center island due to heavy vehicles being pulled over it and breaking it down! (Hmmmm.....do I sound like a cranky OLD MAN????)

Anyway....I dropped off TheHowserHouse, went through the list of items I wanted fixed with the head repair man, and then returned to F'town a bit later. Later this afternoon.....actually, it was early evening around 6pm, the 1st Lady arrived. The trunk was filled with some items from Sam's Club and the back seat was filled with her personal items. Tired, she rushed around to get ready for her sorority meeting...and made it on time.

After she returned....we sat around, discussed the past week even though we talked 3-4 times each day. Jeremy called and we had a good visit.......reported that IKE was blowing quite a bit in New Orleans........said it was really, really windy. He had flown to Chicago earlier this week for a day of meetings with the Democratic Pary officials to finalize the various state Senate campaigns.......being there for only a day, he realized he needed more time there as he loves that wonderful city as much as I do! He said that some of the Obama campaign team had dropped by his office in New Orleans this week to discuss the campaign with him.

And so.....after a very cloudy, muggy, warm day with a few sprinkles of rain off and on......the forecast remains the same for the next few days.....RAIN. And....it appears that Ike, or what is left of this storm, will make his way over southern Missouri next week!!!!

All in all........even with having to leave TheHowserHouse sitting with other rv's at Griffon's Trailer Sales......it has been a good day. But.....I will pick it up either tomorrow or Monday......and then we can begin to make a few plans for a few short trips, perhaps!? No matter.......because as always with another day of my Life being shortened by one............and, it assures me that...

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: