Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday: TheHowserHouse is on the road.....finally!!!!!

Well....another great morning, however, I found myself trying to get TheHowserHouse ready in a hurry this morning, and so I couldn't enjoy my coffee on the patio, nor with my Sunday morning shows. The 1st Lady and I spent from 8am until we pulled away at 11am loading the foodstuff, clothing, items needed for our existance,.......and as I pulled away and got about 8 miles up the road.....DAMNIT!!!!!! I realized that I forgot my camera!!!! CRAP...with a capital S!!!!! It takes sooo long to get through town, I decided not to go back and get it as it would pose many problems trying to turn the 5er around at the stick and brick.

It took us about 5 minutes over four hours, without any stops to drive through the towns, up and down the hills for 60 miles on narrow two lane highways through the forests and around the crooked roads....UGH. But, once we got onto the 44 going towards Springfield MO, we made good time.

We are parked at Riverview Campground.....right beside the Osage River, literally, and about a mile below the Bagnell Dam. The river flows right behind us, so our large rear window is a great spot to enjoy the view of the fast moving river. It is very, very full and races by us a a good speed. Everytime I see this river, I am reminded of the stories my grandfather would tell me about how he operated the only ferry across the river here, before the Dam was built......back in the early part of the 20th C.

We just kicked back and relaxed after we got TheHowserHouse backed into the assigned site....and it is a great site. We decided not to cook, so I made a run for some Wendy's burgers and fries.....a great nutritional meal????

Tomorrow, we will visit my sister about 15 miles from here.....and then we will have a late lunch with Shirley and Ron.....a GREAT couple that we met in the RGV at the RV.NET gathering for the past two winters. They have a home here at the Lake for the summers....and return to the RGV for the winters. Can't wait to see them!!!!! DAMN.....DAMN....I am sooooo pissed that I forgot my camera!!!!!!

And so.....with the river still able to be seen in the night....from lights around the edges....I am enjoying this nice cg!!!! For you RVer's.....put this place on your "to stay at" list when in central Missouri.

And so.....a good day....a good trip over here(215 miles).....and even minus my camera, I know that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

"Coming Around
28 Sep 2008 10:07 pm

My view on the first weekend was that Palin was the most reckless pick in modern American history. That's becoming pretty much the consensus three weeks later. Here's Carl Bernstein, echoing Fareed:

No presidential nominee of either party in the last century has seemed so willing to endanger the country's security as McCain in his reckless choice of a running mate.

The key thing about Palin is what it tells us about McCain: unfit to be president."

:: TrackBacks (0)

No comments: