Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tuesday: Hot, humid.......not nice!!

This morning after the usual morning rituals......after the requisite two cups of Fr. Roast coffee.......I drove up to Park Hills to talk to the great people at Griffon's Trailer Town. I have a few things that need to be taken care of on TheHowserHouse..on wheels........and so I wanted to discuss this with Tim and Bruce.......and after talking about those few repairs, I made an appointment for Sept. 11th.

Leaving there, I stopped in Farmington at the Super WalMart to pick up a few items that we just HAD to have.....haha. I also then stopped at the local quick oil change garage there.....and today, it wasn't quite so quick. Seems that a group of those working there were recently fired for skimming some cash off the top!!! Sooo, there were new people on board and they had to be instructed as to the procedures for some of the things that needed to be done under the hood of the Park Avenue. I was there at least 40 minutes......DAMN!!!! Yes, I appreciate the time they took to help the young man who was changing the oil below......and the young man who was under the hood checking out the other fluids, etc......but it was sure a long time of just "watching". Let me explain.....

A year or two ago.........after getting my oil changed there....I later saw some oil drippings and soon realized that they had left off the oil cap under the hood upon finishing the change. Sooooo, I had to go purchase a new one.....not a big cost....but, was just a bit p.o. at this. Sooooo, from that time forward, I always watch them as they work on my vehicles!!

This afternoon, I decided I needed to mow some of the tall grass that was spread around at different areas of the yard. And.....then I really realized just how horribly hot and humid it was outside.....and after about 45 minutes of some slow pushing on that mower....and two bottles of water, I put the mower away.....and went inside where the cool, dry air was soooooo refreshing. WHEW.....I just do not do well in the heat/humidity.......as by the time I was walking to the back door....I really was getting dizzy and weak feeling. Guess it is my evolving body which occurs with my age......which seems to be adding up faster than I would like for it to.

This evening.....the 1st Lady is off to Farmington for dinner with her friends from her years of teaching......friends who are still now teaching.....too bad! This is a group that meets about every month for dinner and drinks....and LOTS of conversation! Great that they can still get together as they do and still enjoy each other sooo much.

And sooooo, heat...humidity....not what I like, nor does my body....haha. But......you know, these uncomfortable moments do pass on by....and as long as I don't pass on.....I think I put up with it from time to time. And......as always on this blog, I like to leave with a positive feeling....and for me, this phrase is not just something to write, but it is really just the way I definitely feel....and it is....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!.....And, I really hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: