Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 86: Lazy day....with a walk through the swamp....

A really cool morning......around 43 degrees, but with a beautiful blue sky! And as the sun came up, so did the temps.....reaching the low 70's by afternoon.

Jay, who remained her last night, was up and out by 6:30 this morning. Becky and Rachel left around 8:30....perhaps a bit later.....for their drive to southeast Missouri today. And then we were left to ourselves........a bit of laundry was done by the 1st Lady, and she also did some house cleaning during the latter part of the morning.

Me? Well.......things are not as good as I expected. My plumbing problems have returned to my sagging hulk.....and why? I do not know as I continue to take the meds that were prescribed for me earlier this month. The "I don't know or understand" part of this problem is causing me quite a bit of mental stress, not to mention the physical problems and discomfort. Again......large quantities of water must be ingested in order for the plumbing to work......DAMN! Guess I will try to reach by phone tomorrow the Dr.(s) that I saw earlier this month...however, I do not expect any positive thing to occur even if I DO get to talk with one or the other.........I am 700 miles away and still not at home with my own personal physician, who is not aware of this problem in my lower half. Am I worried? Yeah!

Soooo, we decided nothing could be done here at TheHowserHouse so we took a drive on the other side of the Mississippi......going to Bayou Segnette State Park first. Looking over the large campground, we were NOT impressed!!! Looks barren and uninviting and not a place we would like to stay, even with the cheap camping prices.

From there we drove further south to the Jean Lafitte Nature Preserve. A well preserved swamp, marshes, etc., etc.!!!!! It is a National Historic Place......and we decided to walk along the boardwalk for 1.5 miles....and then returned. It was a beautiful afternoon and the walk was good for my mental stress.......and as we walked along the boardwalk above the swamp and marshes, we spied several alligators and many snakes.....as well as some large egrets who were doing some "fishing". Lots of cyprus trees, lots of their "roots" which rise above the water looking like small sentinels guarding their trees.

We returned in the rush hour traffic of the late afternoon.......and then kicked back and relaxed for the evening. Jay came out later this evening as he had several late meetings at his office complex......having 14 staff members working there for him. Interesting.......he was quoted today in the Washington Post today in an article about Obama and Clinton.

And so.....the day draws to a close........a lazy day with a great, stress reducing walk through the swamp and marshes......and keeping the afternoon in mind.......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: