Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 89: FIRST Installment for today....Friday

Hmmmmm……..I will try to get this online this morning…Friday….but, something different is occurring with the Wifi here at the KOA….and it is running oh-so-slow…..in fact, barely transmitting at all. Don’t know if it is because of many more using it, or what???

Anyway…..yesterday was not a good day on my part. I didn’t sleep the night before as I was up and down all night long with my plumbing problem. Soooo, yesterday morning I called the urologist in Arnold, MO….south of St Louis…..to get an appt as soon as possible. Welllllll……..I was told it would be April 28th before I could get into see him……a Dr. that I have seen before about 1.5 years ago. THIS really bothered me as I was not feeling good anyway……so, I called my general physician in the stick and brick area…..and set up an appt for Friday morning of next week.

I had told the urologist receptionist the problem, told her the history of this past month with the plumbing problem, and also told her I would fax her the results of the tests, treatment, etc. from the Clinic in McAllen, TX earlier this month. I faxed them within five minutes after talking with her. Well…..I was in a bit of “pressure pain” and things just weren’t doing what they should all morning. About 11am….I had a call back from the receptionist and she said the nurse looked at the Fax….and they set me up for an appt. on next Wednesday morning!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!! Mentally, that news helped me….

The 1st Lady and I had planned to go to Jay’s appt and put together a new futon he had purchased…but just didn’t/doesn’t have time to spend on putting it together. So, we did go on downtown…..and I worked on it, while she did some laundry for him. I got it together after about 2.5 hours….UGH!! Nothing is ever as easy as the instructions would have you believe!!!!!

He came back to the apt early…..he had to dress for a formal fund-raising event last night…..and so we walked on over to the Quarter. We ate at “The Gumbo Shop”….a place we had eaten at last summer….and it was just as good……and just as busy!!!!! I had chicken and sausage gumbo…..GREAT!!!!!!!!! Wish I could make it like that!!!! The 1st Lady had a seafood gumbo…..and while she is not a lover of Creole cuisine, she did enjoy it! The place was packed….and we had waited for about 30 minutes in a line which when we came out after dining, that line then stretched almost halfway down the block!!!

We slowly walked around the Quarter, down Bourbon Street, and headed back to the truck which was parked over by Jay’s apt. Bourbon was PACKED with people!!!! Soooo many people, students, families, convention goers,……WOW. The place was really jumping!!!

We returned to TheHowserHouse about 9pm……and shortly after that, Jay came out here and spent the night again…….to visit and just so we can all be together. I went to bed, still having problems,…………..but, you know…..things could be much worse. No matter how uncomfortable one can feel……it could always be worse….right????? Sooo, as always, and today is not exception…….

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!…..And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

John, I hope you get your plumbing problem fixed very soon. The Dr.'s office was great getting you in next week. Make sure you have the old Prostrate checked and re-checked to make sure it is just a going problem versus something else. Praying to God it just a little going problem.

Drink more red medicine, it couldn't hurt.

Very concerned

Larry