Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 80: GORGEOUS DAY!!!!

WHAT a beautiful morning!!!!…..AND, what a beautiful day!! I got up around 7am, came downstairs, turned on my coffee maker, and soon I was sipping my French Roast coffee. I did some newspaper reading online…..and waited for the 1st Lady to get herself up and out. …..and while I did my morning rituals, the 1st Lady answered the door following a few knocks on it. It was Doug……and he came in and the 1st Lady had him call, using our cell phone, to the campground in Beaumont where we will be staying on Thursday. The did have a site for him, so he made the reservation for that night. Then after having some breakfast, we all four went for a walk along the beach for about an hour.

The winds were still strong, however….NOTHING like what we endured last night after I wrote the post for yesterday!!!!! They gusted as much as 50 mph…..and I have never, never had winds shake the RV as strongly as these did!!!! There were times when I thought it might turn over…….and they never stopped until into the wee hours of the morning. It was really terrible to be shaken around like that for such a long time!!!!

But….the walk on the beach was very relaxing…..albeit a bit cool out there. Not too many shells to be found…..but the crowds had not arrived yet, and so it was fairly peaceful at that time. As we walked back to the boardwalk across the dunes, we noticed that there were more and more vehicles arriving on the beach….staking out their little piece of the sand for the remainder of the day. There were many who headed to the water, but believe me……it was really very chilly……not where I would like to swim/play on a cool day like today!!!

Diane fixed a wonderful fresh fruit salad for lunch……..and then following that we all needed to get the horrible mud off of the vehicles and rvs!!! The west side, where the wind was blowing from, was filthy!!!!!! I’ve never had TheHowserHouse look like that before……..so, the 1st Lady and I washed it off, as well as the truck. All most everyone in the park was doing the same thing!!!

That took most of the afternoon, and then I began to pack up things in the basement to prepare for leaving in the morning. The 1st Lady went up to the Rec Hall and spent an hour line dancing…..and then we joined Doug and Diane for Happy Hour. Following a glass of wine……he and I went into town so I could get some fuel for the truck so I wouldn’t have to worry about doing it after I get hooked up in the morning. Returning, Diane had fixed a wonderful dinner for all of us……and we certainly not only enjoyed the delicious meal, but we also really enjoyed the great conversations we had together.

Returning to our home-on-wheels, I finished getting things put away in the basement, finished loading the bikes into the truck….and then hit my easy chair. I have come down with a chest cold and a bit of a sore throat……NOT what I needed for the two days of travel that we have to make to arrive in New Orleans on time to meet the family that is coming down for the Easter weekend.

The internet is really slow tonight so I may not get any pictures posted……..sorry.

A beautiful day……..and it only helps me to realize that……

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!……..And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: