Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WHEW...... WHAT a day of working!!!

AHHHH, right now the 1st Lady and I have just finished a delightful supper!! We dined al fresco at Panera Bread and could view the Lake of the Ozarks from our table, just as the sun was lowering in the western sky......beautiful!!! I was sooooo excited as I walked inside when we arrived.....they are now serving their Tomato and Mozzarella Salad, with fresh basil and a delicious dressing!!! Of course, that is what I ordered as part of the "pick two" menu.....and the other was the Turkey Sandwich with greens, tomatoes, and cheese (your choice).......YUM, YUM!! My drink? Since they do not serve dark red medicine here, I ordered my usual: a dry Cappuccino and stood right in front of the barista to make certain that it was just MY proportion of milk that is added to the espresso!! Very good!

Today????? We were up early and drove from Dr. Jeni's estate over to my mother's home in Eldon. We immediately began the horrendous task of sorting some more and CLEANING! We took it one room at a time and managed to completely finish two rooms today. Now, we did do quite a bit of sorting, discarding, etc., etc. When my sister arrived this afternoon, we made a decision to hold a "in-house sale".......not in the yard or in the garage, but in the house where we would not have to move everything outside!!! We will be selling any and all furniture, along with some antiques, and all of the other "stuff" at that time.....!!!! Can hardly wait to get this done, wo then we can concentrate on getting rid of the house!! As to that.......someone knocked on the door this afternoon and told us he would be interested in the house and to let him know when we are ready to sell. OK!!!!! I CAN do that!

Today as I made a lunch run, I ran into my very good friend and high school classmate, Karen Burris!!! Sooooo damn good to see her and to visit, albeit very briefly. Then when I went to the counter to give our orders, there was a former student who graduated in 1981!!! I had NO CLUE who she was when she said, "MR HOWSER......the best music teacher Eldon ever had!". But after a minute of talking, I remember who she was.....AFTER she told me her name. This type of thing happens way tooooooooo often.....at least for me to remember all of my students decades after they have sat in my ensembles in the band room!

The 1st Lady and I are really, really tired this evening. We are using the free Wifi here in Panera Bread to get online to read emails, check news, and for me to do this posting. My mom's house....welllll, it is mine and my sister's now........does not have any tv, cable, etc., etc. so we are not up on the news of the day. Therefore.....here we sit, each of us in our own computer's cyberspace working the internet to gather information!! Aren't we sociable????? HAHAHA!!

I have no pictures to post today.....and wouldn't do it if I DID have pics. We are tired, somewhat dirty, and the house is in such a horrendous mess that no pics are better than what I would have posted!!!

A DAY of working.......another day of remembering......and a gorgeous evening with a hot cup of cappuccino overlooking the beautiful Lake........and sooooo,

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: