Friday, June 22, 2007

A BIG DAY OF SALES!!!!!

OK!!!……these garage sale aficionados are REALLY gung-ho!!!! DAMN…….I set my alarm for 5:45AM…..was up and on my way out the door to McD’s for 2 LARGE cups of coffee by 6:20.…AND………..THERE WERE TWO PEOPLE SITTING IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE WAITING TO COME INSIDE TO THE SALE!!!!!! At 6:20 in the damn morning….and the sale was not advertised to being until 8AM. EGADS!!! I hollered out to them that I would open the door at 7.…but I now HAD to get my coffee first.

Soooo, I went for coffee and some pastries and returned and they followed me inside when I opened the door. THANK goodness, the 1st Lady was up off of the mattress in the middle of the living room floor and had finished dressing!!! She would have had a damn cow if these people had come on inside while she was in bed……HAHAHAA!!!! In fact, that might have been really hilarious!!

And so went the morning and into early afternoon: Grand Central Station in NYC with people streaming in and out for hours on end. Couldn’t even go to the damn bathroom without going through people. It was a MUCH better “surge” into our sale than George W. Bush ever had planned or executed in Iraq!!!!!! He could have taken notes had he been here today……but THANK GOD he wasn’t!!!!

Before noon, we had closed down the bedroom display area for items as most of them were already purchased and gone. We really, really, REALLY did do well today with sooooooo many things being purchased……and believe it or not, but there was only ONE lady who asked for a cheaper price than what we had marked!!!! And……I had marked some of the antique European porcelain with some hefty prices!!! Today’s sales were a BIG SUCCESS!!!!! Now….that is not to say that it is all gone, as we do have some glassware, stemware, dishes, and a few more of the European porcelain pieces still to sell……but I believe we will get rid of them…..even if we have to take them home with us to sell down there. (WE are having a garage sale next weekend in F’town to hopefully sell all of the furniture stored in our garage from our remodeling last year.

At 4pm, we took the sign out of the front yard and relaxed for a bit. We then joined life-long friends from here who wanted us to have dinner with me at a new restaurant here in town. Soooo, we did, had some really decent food, and great conversation in attempting to catch up for several years of not having been together.

This evening we went to the cemetery to check on the engraving of the grave marker/tombstone….and to just check on the quality of the work. Being me, I was not exactly satisfied with the alignment of the dates on Mom’s side of the stone……just not exactly the same size numbers and letters…..but in looking around, many others are the same way, so…….I’ll just let it go for now.

It is now 9:30pm………and we are both really, really tired. What time will the “surge” begin tomorrow morning?????? Probably not as many people and perhaps, not as early??? We’ll see……

A good day…….some great cash flow into my sister’s and my account…..and everything ran very, very smoothly!

LIFE IS GREAT…..and I hope it is for all of you, also

No comments: