Thursday, June 14, 2007

ALMOST exhaustion.....

Today is day 3 of getting my inherited house....my mom's.....ready for an "in-house" garage sale....and to have it appraised a few days later. AND.....am I ever tired. The 1st Lady and I were up before 8am.....and after a quick run out for coffee and pastries......and a brief consumption of the two items, we began the third day of this task.

Did we finish today? Nope......but we worked until almost 3pm and it does look better. The 1st Lady is hand washing ALL of the glassware, antique porcelains, crystal glasses, etc., etc. NOT an easy task as some of them had been on the top shelf of the kitchen cabs for years and years and were VERY grimy. She spent most of the day in the kitchen.....and is not finished yet.

I worked on cleaning out the insides of the cabs in the kitchen.....and then moved to the living room where I washed all of the woodwork.....trim, window trim, baseboards....and then it was time to move ALL of the furniture and get the carpet vacuumed. I also removed some of the sheer panels over the windows to allow more light to enter the rooms and it makes the size appear larger visually.

By mid-afternoon, we packed up and headed southeast for F'town. The 1st Lady has several appointments this weekend....and we had to return. We will go back early next week as the sale is scheduled for next Friday and Saturday........and then that will be completed.

This evening I have spent online checking prices for the silverware that my sister and I inherited. As expected......not much value in what we have, even though it is 1847 Rogers and discontinued. Oh well.......did I expect it to be worth a fortune???? HELL NO!!! Worth about 10 dollars for each piece.......depending on the condition of the pieces............sure won't take me to Paris or Rome, will it?

And soooooo, this will be a short post.......too tired to think and talk with much sense this evening. Tomorrow:??? Well......see how the day goes.........

Life IS Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: