Thursday, June 28, 2007

WHEW!!!!! SOOOO hot and humid!!!!!

ALL day......the moisture factor outside, the moisture factor pouring off of me, and finally the moisture factor coming out of the thunderous skies.......it just about did in the 1st Lady and this very, very wet and sagging hulk.

From the very git-go.....we were up and going on this damn STUFF SALE that will be happening on our driveway....and even possibly, IN our garage...tomorrow and Saturday. I can't believe how quickly the day drained away, both time-wise and energy wise! We worked all morning and into the early afternoon before we came to a brief halt to have lunch. We made the decision that some of the items would have to remain in the garage, which meant that we had to shuffle the STUFF around again so we could have room for potential buyers to walk and look and hopefully, purchase our wonderful STUFF that we would like others to enjoy!!!!!!

Then......our neighbor brought a friend over to see our beautiful and wonderfully enticing STUFF....and before long they decided to give each other an early Christmas gift. They bought the two remaining large European antique plates that we had held out from last week's sale!!!! AND......with these two items, I really and honestly DO hope they enjoy them as much as my family has enjoyed them for over 100 years!!!!! I'm certain you are wondering why we didn't keep them......but, if you have been reading these posts for many months, you will realize that we are getting rid of STUFF, no matter what the age or what the history. I, nor my sister, have had these plates for the 60+ years that we have lived.....and even though we would possibly notice them when they were in our mother's "corner cabinet", they were not something that we could hardly wait to own. I didn't need them for the past 64 years.....and so, why should I need, or want, them now???! As I have found out, it doesn't take long before STUFF is controlling your/my Life........and STUFF is NOT what is important in this short Life that we are living!!!! Enjoying Life with family and friends......and not worrying if we have the same STUFF as our neighbors, relatives, or friends......that is what it is all about. At least, I have evolved into that school of thought and logic about my Life right now!!!! ( I do not want STUFF to be running and controlling MY Life)

OK......off of my soapbox and enough of my sermonizing. Actually, I am toooo damn tired tonight to be very literary about many things tonight.

As the afternoon wore on, it began to get darker and the thunder began to be heard.....much like Beethoven's Sixth Symphony, the Pastoral. Listen to it sometime.......you will enjoy it more than you think you will! Sooooo, we hurridly brought the STUFF back into the garage...EXCEPT.....I quickly covered the two large sofas we are selling with plastic sheeting and duct tape and left them on the driveway to the elements of the Beethoven Storm. No, I have not checked on them since the first horrendous downpour.......we'll see about them in the morning.

The forecast?? RAIN for tomorrow and Saturday!!!!! What to do....what to do? Play it by ear, I guess.....even though as a musician and band director all of my Life....I am not very good at "playing it by ear"! HAHA.....so I don't have much optimism about tomorrow.

Did I mention how hot and humid it was??? TERRIBLE!!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!! At one time, the 1st Lady and I BOTH thought we were going to pass out.......we both became dizzy and I had to sit down quickly, or I would have found myself face down on the concrete. We drank quarts of water.....many quarts, I know......because it all exited through my skin very quickly!!!! WHEW....it was really, really bad.

And so......my short little post has turned into a bit of a ramblin' rant. I needed to take some pictures today....but there was not time for little things like that. Perhaps tomorrow....??

Oh yeah........not to fear, because.......

LIFE IS GREAT........and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!!

No comments: