Monday, June 11, 2007

Varietal Day.......

I overslept this morning, which meant that the 1st Lady would be sleeping toooooo late.....at least tooooo late for her! A quick shower and freshly ground coffee in the coffee maker.....and soon I was thinking straight. We hurried around and left by 10:30 this morning for STL.....and eventually for Dr. Jeni's office and then to her estate.

We did a bit of quick shopping in the city and I made a purchase of some prescribed dark red medicine.........some of the same kind that I had and shared with Jim/Sherry in Wisconsin about 10 days ago. We then continued out west of STL to Dr. Jeni's office where the 1st Lady had an appointment to have her new tooth implants...implanted/screwed in. BUT......they didn't quite fit correctly and so the procedure had to wait to be completed.

After leaving for Dr. Jeni's Estate, we arrived at the same time as Darrel arrived from his business. As soon as Dr. Jeni arrived from her dental offices, we went out to dinner at a Mexicano restaurant. Hmmmmm.....not one of the best that I have enjoyed! Just very average quality of food.....and the service left quite a bit to be desired! I ordered coffee as I finished my meal.....and it never was delivered. After the bill was paid, I asked the server if he had put the coffee on the bill......."OH!!!......I'm sorry. I'll go get you a cup for free." Then I asked if they had some made...and, of course, they didn't. Oh well........just a grouchy old sagging hulk being an ass, I guess!

We are now back at the estate.....on top of a hill, but in a densely wooded area between Washington and New Haven, MO. A beautiful evening........if only their pool was completed. Hopefully, by the time we get back up here the pool will be finished and we can enjoy it during the times we are here.

A day of variety...........sleeping late, shopping in STL, dental appt. that couldn't be completed, poor food/service at dinner, and a beautiful evening!! As always, no matter what has happened.........

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: