Saturday, June 16, 2007

Summer weather........not my favorite!!!

WOW.....the heat and humidity seem to keep building here in southeast Missouri....and it is still "Spring" according to the calendar. Today was not the kind of day I enjoy when I have to work outside giving a "haircut" to the various types of green growths in what I call my "yard". We seem to have more wild violets with each passing week......and I have not yet found a "sure cure" for eliminating them from my yard......but they SURE are eliminating the grass!

I was up at 6:30am to mow the lawn, but out of mucho respect for my neighbors, I delayed cranking up the mower until 7:30. And.....it wasn't very long before I was completely drenched in perspiration as the sun heated up the morning very quickly. I called it quits after two hours of pushing the mower around.......and even with a bandanna wrapped around my head to keep the "sweat" from dripping into my aging eyes, I was struggling to just keep them dry. Sooooo, I headed for the shower and enjoyed the small pleasure of having the cool, refreshing water spraying on my overheated sagging hulk. AHHHHH.....the wonders of old age and gravity!!! No visuals needed or recommended!!!

The remainder of the day was spent in just piddling(farting) around doing much of nothing. The 1st Lady returned the middle of the afternoon with a car full of things she had purchased in Cape and at Sam' Club there. I had fallen asleep on the sofa in front of the plasma tv.......don't think I missed anything important, though.

After dinner, it was back to the yard.....and within an hour I was finished for another week. Actually......unless we get some much needed rain around here, I won't have to mow next week! The ground is sooooo damn hard that I am now having to water the shrubs and flowers to get them through this dry spell down here.

Jeremy called this morning and he was in New Orleans having coffee and pastries in the Fr. Quarter. Said he was really enjoying being there a few times each week.......he "loves the French Quarter" as well as the "Garden District". I can definitely relate to those statements!!! I feel the very same way........the ambiance of the Fr. Quarter is wonderful....and the beautiful homes and quaint little cafes and bars of the Garden District are just as great. Jealous, I am ....I am!!!

And so....another day in the Life of this sagging hulk is coming to a close. Nothing exciting happened today....or I would have discussed it. But....what is excitement in Life anyway???? Something new and different???? Not much can be new and different at age 64.....unless I am traveling to new and different places/foreign countries. STILL have to get my passport renewed.....mine is expired and I sooooo hate to not have it ready to go for when I might need it very quickly to go to a new and different place(s).

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: