Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hmmmm......another day of stick and brick work....

Oh yeah.......the day began at 6:30 this morning for me: fighting the ever stronger gravity to raise this sagging hulk out of the horizontal position into a vertical one......and it was quite a struggle this morning, especially at this time of the day!!!! I did NOT want to begin this daily fight quite soooo damn early, but........guess who was coming to our house "early"???? The plumber man to de-choke the sewer line that runs through our yard, by a growing maple tree, and into the main line at the street, a distance of downhill travel of about 55 feet(??).

Things have been on the plugged side since Sunday evening......and last night, after several attempts to reach our plumber, he called us and said he would come "to save the day" early this morning. Well......I had about three cups of French Roast coffee before he arrived with his wonderful, magical Roto-Rooter, which can destroy all clogs and roots in all sewage lines throughout our small town. Within 10 minutes he had discovered the clog, removed it, presented his bill for services, and was on his way to the next "emergency"............and I was $75 poorer than I was before I began that third cup of coffee! Hmmmmm..........

Later in the morning I found myself over at the auto body repair shop checking on getting an rv-friendly tailgate for my truck......the kind with the V-shape so that I don't have to lower the tailgate each time I hook up or unhook. Prices were rather questionable, so the owner told me he would give me a call later today. NOT.......never did hear from him!

The afternoon? Looking and sorting through more pictures of the past lives of myself, relatives, and friends from the past 100 years plus. Will I ever finish??? I don't know.......... I do know that it was great to hear from a former student who now lives in the Seattle area with his wife and two small sons...........as he emailed me with a slide show of his two very cute sons!!!! We just need to spend a bit of time together sharing some of my dark red medicine........SOON. He is getting old enough that he should be taking some daily doses for his health in his up-coming old age.

WOW.....I did have a cool surprise later this afternoon when Michael Goldsmith, my former student, my former asst. band director, my replacement when I retired.......all of these rolled into one unique and warm-hearted young man who has a wonderful intellect and a tremendous amount of energy for Life...........he arrived at our home for a quick visit! We used to spend each day together at the Band Room/Office......and now we barely have time for a quick cup of coffee and a chat. Anyway......there is never enough time.....NEVER....when we are together. We can NEVER get caught up with the news of each other's Life......and by the time we are together again, there is soooooo much more to discuss that it is never finished!!! I do believe that the two of us are just going to have to slip away for a day or two.....and just spend that time together getting caught up!!!!!!!!! How about it??????

Another day......here in the stick and brick. Tomorrow we are off to Eldon to work on the house and have the garage sale there. Posting will be tricky........either at Panera Bread at Osage Beach....or through my cell phone, which is sooooooo sllllloooooowwww!! (I am getting a bad case of the non-traveling fever!!! Got to get going....)

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!! And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Michael Goldsmith said...

Thanks for the kind comments - I'm ready when you are for a quick getaway!! See you when you get back.

Goldie