Thursday, April 26, 2007

Writing in the mornings??? Not my choice......

Another morning with no post the night before!!! Not sure I like this method.......but, then again...it is just happening........

Last night we had the Hanner's over for dinner.....and following the meal, we spent several hours....until almost midnight...playing the "Mexican Train Game". And then.....well, I HAD to see what had happened on "American Idol" as to the person with the least votes. Sooooo, after Tivo'ing through most of the first two hours.....I watched the part where they announced that no one was being removed!!!! Then to bed I went....!

The day yesterday was spent in trying to get a few items prepared for dinner last night. Not a day-long task.....but just now and then the 1st Lady and I would work on the menu items. And sooooo, taking that statement into consideration.......there really wasn't tooo much else happening in our stick/brick, or with us.

The 1st Lady continued to work on some signs for her sorority banquet entertainment for tonight......and I enjoyed the patio from time to time as the weather would look bleak and rainy...and then very typically for April, the sun would peak through the heavy clouds and I would enjoy sitting outside with another cup of Fr. Roast coffee.

The Hanner's brought a great bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon....my dark red medicine....over last night. It was from Crown Valley Winery about 35 miles from here.......and it was just great!!!! The best medicine I have had in some time!!!!!! Sure made me feel better....

And so....with the good dark red medicine from last night........today seems to look good. I am going to Edwardsville, IL this afternoon to attend the band concert directed by a former student of mine, Andrew Gipson. He has been the Asst. Band Director there for .....hmmmmm, is this the third year??......and has met with much success. I'm looking forward to hearing his band and observing his conducting techniques!!! I may find myself overnighting at his home......if his cute little wife will allow that....... Just depends if we remain "out" after the concert tooooo long......

And soooooo, being with good friends......enjoying a good wine......and having a fun evening last night........helped to make sure that....

Life is Great!!!....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: