Sunday, April 15, 2007

Returned to the stick and brick....

As I drove to Eldon yesterday for the funeral of my best friend while in high school and then remained there as I began the task of sorting through a few things at my mother's house, visited with my sister to make some plans for the weeks ahead, and then simply crashed and burned last night.

I returned to F'town this morning......it is only 200 miles. BUT.....I am really physically and emotionally drained......even more so after the funeral yesterday! The passing of Raymond Bond was so unreal.....: He and I were in the "early morning" choir which met an hour before school began each day of the four years we were in high school. Because he lived way out in the boondocks and had no way into town other than by the ride of a relative VERY early, he would be dropped off at our house, lay on the sofa until I was up, have breakfast with us, and then we would go to school. Soooo, he became a part of our household both mornings and weekends......much like a brother to me during those four years.

When we received word that he passed away about 12 hours after my mother.......well, it was almost unreal. Both he and her were at the same funeral home. I am still not quite believing all of this.........I had anticipated my mother not living much longer as she had been sliding downward for the past three months. But Raymond.....I knew he had cancer but it was supposed to be under control.........and then he just went quickly. For both him and my mother it is certainly a blessing, even though the loss is still difficult to cope with right now.

This afternoon I muddled through my tax preparations........think I have it done, but need to check it in the morning when I am a bit more alert......is that possible???

The 1st Lady is leaving in the morning to go visit her mother.....and I have many, many, many things to get done in the next few days to catch up after being gone for the past three months. Right now it seems like some terrible chores, but perhaps by morning I will feel differently about it all..........????

Anxious to get on the road again in TheHowserHouse!!!!! The time will go quickly now that I have sooooo much to do with disposing of my mother's belongings and her house before we leave!!! Whew..........makes me even more tired than I was, just thinking about it all!

Soooooo,

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!! (Ok...yeah....you read between the lines.....I am a bit depressed)

1 comment:

StrawBoss said...

I have been reading your blog and so appreciate your zest for life. It must in some way come from your mother and your upbringing. How wonderful to inviet someone into your home in that way so that he could get an education. That is rare in this day and age. You should be very proud 1. that your family was willing and able to do this and 2. that your friend had the gumption to get up early to get that ride and get an education. Where there's a will, there's a way!