Monday, April 02, 2007

Day 90: Last day in Osage Beach....

Another great morning!!! Enjoyed watching the river flow downstream......and watching the ducks and herons searching for some vittles to enjoy.

About mid-morning we went to the Osage Beach Outlet Mall......and spent more than two hours there looking and a bit of purchasing for our youngest granddaughter's 2nd BD which will be later this month.

Then.....we went to my sister's again to spend the afternoon with my mother. She will not get any better.......and so it is not easy to see her slowly make the decline...and it may not take very long. She does not want to eat(and doesn't)....and takes very little liquid each day......and we all know she cannot continue long doing no more than that. Her will to continue is just not there any more....she is tired, certainly depressed with her inability to do anything at all for herself, and so she sleeps the majority of each day.

Leaving my sister's house, we decided to stop at a new....new to us.....Mexican restaurant in Osage Beach: "El Jimador". And WOW......this place is really quite good!!!!! The Margarita's during "happy hour" are only $1.95.....and worth more than double that price. The food was quite authentic.......and the service was very good. WE WILL RETURN!!!! And.....I recommend it to anyone in the Osage Beach area......!

Back at the Riverview RV Park....we took a walk around the park.....and visited with several others staying here in the rv park. It has been a nice evening and so we enjoyed the river....and the conversations with the others who are here.

Tomorrow we return to our stick and brick......and the responsibilities that await us with that stick and brick. We have had EXCELLENT help in watching and caring for our home while we have been gone for 13 weeks.......we couldn't have made this extended trip without this help from Michael Goldsmith and Melissa. I have known them since they were both in high school and in leadership positions in my band during their hs years.........and we have faced many problems together as student/teacher....and as friends as these years have swept swiftly by. How lucky can a teacher be to have had such wonderful students as I have had during the 30 years of teaching that I experienced.....and loved!!!!

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

3 comments:

Michael Goldsmith said...

Thanks for the kind comments, but as you know, the student is only as good as his teacher! See you when you get home.

Mel said...

Right back at you!! I couldn't even begin to imagine my life without your influence. You are very dear to me.

Mel said...

I feel the same way, I can't imagine where I might have ended up sometimes if you hadn't been there when I needed guidance. You are very dear to me.