Sunday, April 01, 2007

Day 89: Lake Ozark and a varied day

A beautiful day dawned this morning as we awoke beside the Osage River a half mile or so below Bagnell Dam. The rear end of TheHowserHouse sits on the edge of the bank right above the river and it makes for a nice view.

At 8am....my phone rang and it was my former student Mike who is the Asst. Principal here at the Osage High School. He used to be the Director of Bands but went into Administration.......and I don't blame him because that is where the $$ are in the field of education. He was an excellent band director though......and the kids lost a wonderful friend as well as their band director.

He wanted me to meet him for breakfast, so about a half hour later we met at Denny's and spent an hour eating.....well, we didn't eat as much as we talked!!!! He had a golf tourney to play in so we only had that hour to catch up on many months of not being together. We have lots in common and after all of these many years....he graduated from HS in 1982......we still have sooooo much to say to each other.

Merrie.......I missed not seeing you this morning.......wish you had been able to come with Mike and have breakfast with us!!!!

After returning to TheHowserHouse the 1st Lady and I decided to go to the huge Outlet Mall that is here.....and we spent about 2 hours just looking but not buying. After that we went to my sister's house to spend the afternoon there visiting the family....and with my mother. My niece brought her twin grandchildren to visit with all of us........hard to believe that I am the great-great uncle of those two little tots!!!

My mother remains the same......confused at times and then she is "with us"....and then the cycle repeats itself. She has her 94th birthday at the end of this month. We spent all afternoon there and then returned this evening to have a light supper outside overlooking the river.

We will remain here until Tuesday when we will return to F'town after 13 weeks of being on this winter journey. As I have stated before.....I could continue to go on down the road........for as long as I am healthy, but.....we do have a stick and brick to take care of.....so we will return home for a few weeks before we head down the road again. And so........as always.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: