Saturday, April 28, 2007

A visit from the internet demon!

No post last night or this morning: I had no internet connection at the stick/brick!!!!! Arriving back home last night close to midnight, I attempted to get online and write a few words.....and NO WAY!!! I had no internet service. Sooooo, after fooling around with things for awhile, I finally called Charter Communications support and they worked with me until 1:30am this morning(another LATE night). Well......they finally got the modem online, but no wireless router!! By that time......I was not communicating very well with anyone, so I poured myself.....into bed and forgot about it.

We had left yesterday around noon to go visit Mike and as we were get ready to leave, Jeremy called and said that he was driving through STL from Indiana, on his way down to Memphis for the weekend. And.....why didn't we meet him in Cape G. for a late dinner???? We said....SURE!!

After our visit with Mike......we returned to Cape Girardeau and as we arrived, I called Jeremy. He was a hour north and said he would meet us at OutBack when he arrived in town. Soooooo, the 1st Lady and I went to Target for awhile.....and then we went on over to Outback and got a table.

It wasn't long before Jeremy arrived and so we ordered drinks....and then dinner. We sat and talked as we ate for almost two hours.....and then we each had to go our own ways. The 1st Lady and I arrived home.....as stated above.....at almost midnight........and the rest of the story is above.

This morning......I was up and on the phone to D-Link Routers early. Another hour of consultation and support and I was FINALLY online again. As the morning progressed.....I was busy, busy, busy.....just getting things done around the house as both the 1st Lady and I were leaving for STL for the weekend....and then I had made plans to go on to Eldon to take care of some things there: house, insurance, yard, death certificates, bank, realtor, etc., etc., etc.....not to mention going through the house and starting to get it cleaned and organized.

Sooooo, as I was still getting things ready, the 1st Lady left for Rachel's birthday party and I told her I would soon be on the road myself. Taking both vehicles......since I was going on to Eldon....and the 1st Lady had a dentist appt in STL on Monday......we traveled at different times to STL.

When I arrived at Rachel's grandparent's home, everyone was already there......OF COURSE!! I was LATE!!!! THAT doesn't happen very often.......how well I remember chewing out some students of mine for being late to early morning band rehearsals......and other band events!!! HAHA.....well, there was no one to chew on me this afternoon.

After her party, we headed out to Dr. Jeni's Estate as tomorrow will be Ava's birthday party. There are three birthdays this weekend.......had been four until the passing of my mother three weeks ago. And so.....we are now out in the beautiful countryside at their lovely and large home.......a wonderful spring evening!!! Dr. Jeni and Darrel have gone to the races in Montgomery County.......racing is his hobby.....perhaps his second vocation??? And so.....the 1st Lady and I are "sitting"(THAT's a joke) with Meghan and Ava.

Today has been a beautiful day.....and one that has been enjoyable even though I am really, really tired......three LATE nights in a row is not something I am used to doing....hahaha. MY, MY....how times change as one moves on in age.......hahaha. And even though I am "
moving on in age.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!