Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring....again!

The warmth of a spring day was on display today........again, and finally. After the past two weeks of WAY BELOW normal temps.......all of the flowers, plants, leaves, bushes, etc., etc. were frozen when the temps plunged to 20 degrees and lower. Will they recover???? I suppose we will have to just "wait and see".

The 1st Lady left this morning to visit her mother who lives a few miles west of Hannibal, MO. After she left, I had some more Fr. Roast coffee as I had awakened this morning at least by 5AM......DAMN! I just can't sleep through the night any more.....been that way for about 10 days. Guess I am just thinking way toooooo much spurred on by the past week...........

I spent a lot of time outside.....in the spring temps and sunshine.......working in the yard-gone-wild!! There were/are enough sticks and small limbs there to provide campfire wood for several camping trips........and my back is proof tonight that I picked up a LOT!! It is a little stiff from the constant bending over........ugh.

Roll with the punches..........a phrase that I have used for decades with my students, my tour groups that I have taken to Europe 12 different times, and with myself as Life has presented surprises and barriers in my pathway. BUT......this past week has made me put this phrase to work overtime and I have not been very successful with following the phrase's instructions.........

This past week has quickly made me a part of the "older generation"........once your parents are both gone, then you(I) become that "older generation".....there is no one in the immediate family that is older than ourselves. I am now thinking about this frequently. It is sooooo odd that when you/I reach this age we do not feel THAT age........my mind will not accept that I am 64 years old. My mind thinks "young" thoughts, my body...while not attractive at this stage of my Life....still seems young to me......and I find it really difficult to think that I am fast approaching the age of my father when he passed away. He seemed sooooooo old to me when he died, but I am almost that age now and I do not feel that way! I have begun to wonder: what has happened to my Life, where has it gone??? I am NOT ready to be this age......I am NOT ready to accept that both of my parents are gone.......I am NOT ready to accept that my friends are now beginning to leave this world......I am NOT ready for this, but there is no choice, is there?

Even with all of these thoughts running rampant through my mind.......I still find that.....

Life is Great.........and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!!

No comments: