Friday, April 13, 2007

THANK YOU!!!!!

Home in the stick/brick again......briefly.

I want to express my appreciation to ALL of you who have written, made comments, sent cards, called, sent flowers and plants to me and my family during this very emotional week. The concerns that you have had for us have really helped in making this time in our lives much easier. Thank you sooooo very, very much!!!

When it rains, it always pours.....doesn't it? On Tuesday while we were dealing with all of the arrangements and plans that had to be made for my mother's services, I received word that my best friend from my high school days.......and who had remained a very good friend all of my/our lives........had passed away rather suddenly. Quite a shock to myself......and to all of the many others who knew him.......and there are many. He was a minister all of his life and had many church families around the state.

So.......since I had a couple of appointments that had to be kept today here in F'town, the 1st Lady and I returned LATE last night.......following my mother's services. Now....I am going to leave to return to my hometown late tonight so that I can be there in the morning for his funeral.

Things seem to always happen "in threes"........so this is on my mind today.......what mind I have left at this present time. I am totally drained....emotionally and physically.......so, I will close now and take care of the things that I need to do today......so that I can get back on the road this evening.

My very good friend who officiated at the funeral yesterday paraphrased my "sign-off" line during his eulogy for my mother......and I will never again type the following without having warm and wonderful thoughts for my mother......and for Michael for using the phrase in the services. ......thank you!

Life is Great( for me a bit down right now)......and I hope it is GREAT for all of you, also.

No comments: