Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another warm day.......

Well.....for some strange reason I was wide awake at 5am.....AGAIN! This is going to have to stop as by 8:30pm each evening, I am blinking and yawning....and ready to fall into bed. NOT the way I want to spend the evenings!!

By 8am, I was at the Post Office and was mailing in my state and federal taxes......and the check that had to go with the forms. Each year I almost become physically ill when I see just how much money I pay in taxes......UGH. But then......I look around and see all of the things that need to be done and paid for by the state/federal governments......and then I don't feel quite as upset.

I also made a trip to the Supt of Schools here in F'town for a brief visit........as well as drop off ANOTHER check for the 1st Lady's and my own monthly health insurance coverage......UGH!!! Another check for my Life's requirements.......

Back home.....and I hit the "yard-gone-wild". And what a task I had in front of me. SOOOO many limbs/sticks in the yard which all had to be collected and hauled to the corner of the yard where my yard crap is piled for a later burn job. Well.....the yard project took almost the entire day.....but the yard is now under control.

Late this afternoon, as I was finishing a cool one on the patio, the phone rang and it was a cousin of the 1st Lady's in Chicago who was calling to offer his condolences. We hadn't talked in ages and so it was really good to talk to him again. Then a friend of ours brought by a potted plant........I am really overwhelmed at the outpouring of flowers/plants, cards, emails, phone calls, etc., etc. that I have received in the past week!!!! To all who read this who have offered their sympathy/condolences.........thank you so much. How great is to know that there are sooooo many who have wanted to support the 1st Lady and myself during this past week of roller-coaster emotions. THANK YOU!!!

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: