Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spring OR Winter?????

GLOBAL WARMING?????? Well, it certainly is not happening this week in Missouri!!! Record lows are about to be set tomorrow and Saturday nights here in this area........a deep freeze is about to occur. And the 1st Lady and I thought it was "safe" to return to Missouri from our winter in the desert and the Rio Grande Valley!!! HA!

Today was the day we had selected to go visit Mike and.......so we did. He seems in good spirits and is enjoying his latest position as a "facilitator" for special programs. Some new challenges in teaching some special classes and programs.....and that is good for him. Of course, this took up most of our day.......and that does not bother us when it is doing something to assist him.

We returned around supper......and shortly afterwards, our good friends and "house sitters"....Michael and Melissa Goldsmith.... called and later came over to the stick/brick. They had our mail for the past month or so and so I had plenty to do in sorting out the trash mail from the letters, bills, and invitations that we needed to read and respond to. It was sooooo good to see them......and I realized that we just need to spend more time.....MAKE more time for the four of us to get together more often!!!! They are very special people............very special to the 1st Lady and myself!!!!!! Life is tooooo damn short to not spend more time with good friends!!!

I have the heat/furnace turned on in TheHowserHouse (on wheels)......and hopefully it will be enough to keep things warm so that nothing will freeze. Hmmmmmm........sure hope it works. I also have the tank heaters turned on.......they keep the various holding tanks from freezing...and the furnace does heat the basement where many of the items that could freeze are currently stored.

DAMN........I sure miss being on the road!!!!! January, February, and March just simply flew by......and now it almost seems like a dream that happened. I could EASILY sell my stick and brick....but the 1st Lady is a bit more attached to it than I am. She needs to have some type of permanent place to call "home"......rather than something that is rolling on four wheels. I am certain that in a previous Life that I was an explorer.........I just love to see what is around the curve or over the next hill.........the lure of the unknown down the road, the thrill of seeing and experiencing some unexpected place or thing..........I need that to satisfy my soul!! And now.....my soul is experiencing withdrawal symptoms from the things that I need to be doing........traveling around this beautiful world and learning......learning about, and from, the many different cultures that can be found wherever I/you go! Life is simply way tooooo short to just stay in one place and become a veggie!! ( EIGHT weeks until we leave again..)

And so........no matter how depressing it is to not be "on the road".....

Life is GREAT......and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: