Monday, April 23, 2007

A day to just relax....think....and read

Yep......by 8am this morning I was on the phone trying to get a "dr.'s appt." for the Park Avenue as it was having some strange internal sounds such as a "hummmin.....whirring" when the wheels were turning. Not from the motor.....I could determine that. Soooooo, we called the Park's Avenue's local doctor and I was able to secure a 9AM time for the diagnosis.

After a couple of cups of Fr. Roast out on the patio......I drove down the hill and to the Heartland Auto Repair shop. I walked back to the stick/brick.....about a mile....and it was a great morning for a walk. I hadn't been home long when the phone rang and I was told that it was a wheel bearing "assembly".....the entire "package" had to be placed. Sooooo, I authorized the surgery and transplant.....and about an hour and half later, I was walking back to the shop to pick up the healed P.Avenue.......and then the Dr.'s bill came to $379.00!!! UGH!!!!!!!

After the 1st Lady and I had lunch on the patio......it has been a beautiful day, a bit cloudy but very warm and very breezes........she had a meeting with a couple of her sorority friends to prepare for the annual Founder's Day Banquet this week. I found my book that I was reading and so I found myself a comfortable chair on the patio.....and enjoyed reading for a couple of hours.

The rest of the afternoon was spent either reading, doing some weed pulling, and/or just general maintenance throughout the yard. By 4pm I KNEW it was 5 o'clock somewhere and so I decided to take a dose of my dark red medicine......ummmmm.

Dinner was prepared by both the 1st Lady and myself: steamed broccoli, cauliflower,and carrots served on a bed of rice simmered in chicken broth, topped with filets of Tilapia and covered with diced Roma tomatoes which had been salted with sea salt about three hours prior to serving. Soooooo good.......

For a late evening dessert, we had fresh strawberries and Breyers French Vanilla ice cream served over a fresh sponge cake.........soooooooooo good!!!!!

And soooooo, after a very relaxing day.... a really delicious dinner....and a wonderful dessert....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: