Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Stress......

As usual, the alarm ALMOST went off at 6:30 this morning, but I did get it shut off before it woke the 1st Lady. Yesterday, I had taken TheHowserHouse up to Griffon's Trailer Town in Park Hills to get them to fix a couple of small leaks, soooooooooo, I didn't have an RV to make coffee in this morning. I quickly headed out to the warehouse/garage and found the Gevalia coffee maker that I received for ordering some of their delicious coffees......and then made a pot of Fr. Roast.....in the bathroom!!!! There is no place else where it is safe to set it up.....tooooo much of a mess anywhere else.

Then.....about mid-morning......the contractor came into the den and informed us that two of the three new kitchen cabinets that are in the corners......were NOT the lazy susan type that we ordered!!! I almost went through the ceiling.......I was sooooo damn angry and upset. I quickly got on the phone to the company that we ordered them from in StLouis.....and after telling the salesman who worked with us on the order(and he is really great guy)......he said he would call up to Canada where they are made and see how quickly something could be done.

Our contractor said he could not put anymore cabinets in until this problem was resolved....as they had to be in place prior to the remainder of the base cabs. are installed. Well, it took about 45 minutes before I received the call that the company would expedite the sending of two kits for installing lazy susan shelving in pre-existing cabinets!!! WHEW.......what a damn relief!!!!! IF this had not been resolved, all of our mess would have been around for possibly a much longer time.......plus our contractor is on a schedule so that he can get to other building projects.....AND....the fellow who is contracted to lay the LARGE 24" square black granite tiles for the countertop is to begin the installation on Monday......hopefully. Followed by the refinishing of all of our hardwood floors in the house. SOOOOO, hopefully the "kits" will arrive within a week.......is that wishfull thinking????????????????

Then I had to go up to bring TheHowserHouse back home........repairs completed. A quick stop at Lowe's was necessary to pick up some light bulbs for our recessed/can lights, as well as one tiny Xenon bulb for the under the cabinet lights.

Wow.....the repairs of the weird leaks cost me only $20 for repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL!!!! So I didn't have to use the extended warranty. Sure hope they got it all repaired correctly.

Returning home, I had three lessons to give and then a very, very light supper (peanut butter and toast). And so......with this stressful morning over the wrong cabinets being made and delivered to us........I am still very glad to say that....

Life is GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!! (Hang in there, Andrew Gipson!!)

No comments: