Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dashing around STL.....and an evening dinner...

Things seem to be improving with this old man.......or at least I hope so. I ran up to STL this morning on several missions....all dealing with the house remodeling. Needed to purchase the granite tiles for the backsplash of the kitchen countertops, pick up a mirrored medicine cabinet for the new bath....check on a few Christmas present possibilities.....and then bring back three different colors of window treatments to decide on the best color for the sun room. I also bought a quart of paint of the color we THINK we will like so that we can paint a patch on the walls and check it out for being toooooo light or being tooooooooooo intense. Tomorrow....that will be the paint day.....

Then returning here late afternoon, I had a couple of hours to rest.....and I needed it as this medicine I am taking really does me in......from being dizzy at times to being disoriented and not being able to think clearly. Then we were off to Farmington to attend the 1st Lady's Beta Sigma Phi Sorority Turkey Day dinner. Being held at the home of Bill and JoAnn Banks....there were only 12 couples there for the catered event........it is a very nice home on several levels. Not sure I would want to climb all of those steps every time I needed something......but it works for them.

It was a martini reception hour.....of which I couldn't partake.....not with these meds. Then the dinner was the traditional turkey dinner..........hmmmmm, how best do I say this? Just not as good as I had expected......in fact, it really wasn't very good. Oh well.........it was very filling and we didn't have to prepare it! HAHA!

Back home......and I am feeling like an old man with an age of 63!!! So......this most interesting post will now come to a close.....as I close out my day. MUCH to do tomorrow around here in preparation for the refinishing of the floors this coming week. And sooooo.......

Life is better....almost good......and I hope it is GREAT for all of you!!!!!

No comments: