Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A hurried and harried day!!!

This morning was "moving day" for us as we had to get all of the BIG furniture pieces out of the areas where the hardwood floors will be refinished this weekend. I enlisted the help of some friends......and in 20 minutes time the grand piano was moved successfully......two sofas, a 36" tv and stand, a large "L" shaped computer desk, several other chairs, three small tables, the refridge, and other smaller pieces to numerous to mention. I was happily surprised how well everything fit into the two areas we had designated for all of the above!!!!

THEN.....the day went downhill for awhile!!! The shower door which gave me many, many fits of anger last spring when Lowe's took over THREE months for my special ordered shower door to arrive........well.......the construction crew was to install it today....and they came out to the yard where I was visiting with a good friend following the move.......and said the door was only 48"......and not 60" inches as I had ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

So, I hopped into the truck and headed to Farmington. There I immediately demanded to see the manager, told the tedious tale of the door from last spring and then told him it was NOT the correct size! We went to see the fellow who had ordered it.....and who had even come down to my house last spring to measure for it. He called the Sterling Company....they faxed his order down to us at Lowe's .....and sure enough.......the damn salesman had written the wrong size in the order form!!!!

By this time I had to leave to go to Park Hills for my Dr.'s appt......and so, after a quick specimen sample in a cup....I left with the news that it had only been a bladder infection, but that the lastest specimen needed to be analyzed to see if all of the infection was gone.

Returning to Lowe's, I grabbed the manager and he and the salesman and I had a hot and heated discussion about the incompentency of this guy who had even come to measure for my doors!!!! After much discussion, I was told they would refund all of my $624.00 for the door AND order me another one.......for no charge! BUT.........it took 40 minutes standing at the refund desk as the manager and other clerks attempted to have the computer refund my money.....and with some newly installed program on the Lowe's computers.......they finally had to just give me cash back! Sooooooo......now it will be ANOTHER FOUR WEEKS before the door arrives!!!!!!! Just can't believe this shit!!!!!!

Returned home to finish "cleaning" up the stuff that was left after the furniture was moved......and getting things ready for the refinishing. Still have some plastic to hang to attempt to keep the dust out......HA!!! Surely no dust will come from sanding the floors.....huh????

Then this evening, it was the monthly Board of Education meeting. I informed them that I would NOT be running for re-election next spring as we hopefully will be gone more than we are around......!!

And so.......after a very, very busy and argumentative day.......

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!! (will be gone for the weekend without access to the internet on a daily basis.......don't panic, I am not ill!!!)

2 comments:

Tim Firebaugh said...

What a shitty experience...Looks like you're going to have to settle on a plastic shower curtain for now, John! May I suggest a piano key motif ?(available at your friendly local "Wal-Marts" Hee hee hee.

Anonymous said...

John, this is Steve Starkey, Chuck sent this link to me and I have loved reading your posts. Good luck to you and have a great holiday weekend. stevestarkey@sbcglobal.net