Monday, November 20, 2006

WHERE to put "STUFF"....but everything!!

Today was the day that almost everything we own had to be moved and stored in two rooms........JUST two rooms. Our hardwood floors are to be sanded and refinished this weekend and EVERYTHING has to be out of the rooms by the time we leave on Wed morning. Well......most of the day was spent in just moving "stuff" into one room......and we have tooooooooooooo much "stuff" as I have mentioned before. I didn't think we would get it all into one room so that the other room would be able to hold the large pieces of furniture, the grand piano, and the fridge. I think we have it measured correctly so that it will all fit........tomorrow morning we will know for certain.

I have six friends arriving at 9am in the morning to assist with the heavy moving....i.e...the grand piano and the fridge. Then there are two sofas, an "L" shaped computer desk, a 35" tellie with stand, and a few other odds and ends in the furniture line. I don't believe we will ever, ever, ever find everything again.....and then if we do we will not know where to put it. We also had to move today all of the items/things in two LARGE double door closets as they have hardwood floors, also.

My body is screaming with muscle strain this evening from moving the "stuff" and I know it will be difficult to sleep peacefully tonight. Oh well........the light at the end of the "Remodeling Tunnel" is getting brighter. Our new kitchen sink, faucets, gas lines for the new gas range, and a few other things were installed today........I feel that it will all be completed by the end of next week......sure hope that I am not being tooooooooo optimistic!!!!!

I have an appt. with my Dr at noon tomorrow to check up on the results of one week of using this powerful medicine. As far as I can tell......everything is working properly.....guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Talked with my son, Jeremy, today.....and he had returned from a week in Washington D.C over the weekend. He and his client, the new Congressman from District 8 in Indiana, had been over there for the Rep. to participate in the orientation at the Capitol for new members of the House of Representatives. CNN did a three minute story on his candidate....Jay was the Campaign Manger for him for the past 1.5 years......and in watching the CNN special story, we saw Jeremy a couple of times.

And soooooo, my body says..."Lay me down, please".....and so, even though the time is early.....I think I will do as I am being commanded to do! Besides......I am into a good novel and can read myself into a relaxed state of mind and body very easily. As usual......

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: