Monday, November 06, 2006

Rain, drizzle, clouds, cool temps, and.....sad news

The weather was terrible today.....so nasty...wet...and cold. The 1st Lady and spent last night with Dr. Jeni at the Moser Estate as she had a dental appointment with Dr. Jeni this morning. She spent the remainder of the day in STL doing some Christmas shopping.

I spent the day....inside! The young man who is installing the large granite tiles on our countertop was here all day getting down to business. He made a lot of progress and things are starting to look good.!!

I had a horrible phone call around dinner time this evening. I was informed that a former student of mine, who was always my son's very best friend, was killed today in a freak accident. He was moving a semi truck, realized the back doors were open, got out of the truck and it started to roll....so in the process of trying to get inside to stop it, he slipped on the rain soaked pavement and the truck rolled over him and he was killed.

David Adcox was in the class of '95....and was one of the best trumpet players I had during my 30 years as band director. He and my son, Jeremy, were best friends all through their school years......he spent many nights here at our house.....and they did soooo many things together as friends. I had to call Jeremy.......and, of course, he was at a final campaign event as he is a campaign manager for an Indiana Congressional candidate, Brad Ellsworth. With the election tomorrow......well, Jeremy couldn't even talk so I don't know how he is doing with this terrible news. They were sooooo close. And.......with the election....well, I know he can't even concentrate.....on anything now.

I am soooooo upset. He was such a good friend of mine.......while in school and over the past 11 years. He rarely returned to F'Town that he didn't show up at my front door.....just to sit and visit. It is just soooo sad.......such an incredible young man with soooo much going for him. As I have always said....since the very unexpected and unexplained death of our 8 year old daughter 32 years ago, we must all live Life to the fullest each and every day......we just don't know what tomorrow will bring...........

Life is not good tonight for me.......but for all of you, I certainly hope that it is good for you....always.

No comments: