Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Better.....??

THAT is a good question........that this morning I would have to most definitely said, "no", and that would been said very weakly. It was a terrible night with NO sleep......too many chills and tooooooooooooo many trips to the necessary room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 8am, I got up for the final time and just moved to the sofa and drifted in and out of a few minutes of sleep.

A horrible no-caffeine headache had developed during the night, accented and encouraged by no sleep and my stumbling in the dark on a definite pathway on the carpet to the bathroom. BECAUSE the medicine I received had a TON of "do not takes" on the list.....and one of them was caffeine,I had not had any all day......just gallons of water that rushed through my pipes every 20 minutes or so. So, the 1st Lady called the Pharmacy and inquired as to the type of pain killers I could take with this high-powered prescription.......and, of course, it was the kind I use all the time.....which I could have taken early on during the evening.

I laid on the sofa all morning long......drifting in and out of consciousness for several hours. By noon I was feeling somewhat more human, even though I was still getting my exercise on the freshly made pathway through the house. The pain was not as strong.......and I did move about more.

Soooo, as the day progressed, despite the terrible cold rains and wind, I think that the meds are...hopefully....doing their assigned tasks. Time will tell......when I have to have another specimen taken......but I am hopeful.

Other than all of the above......the day has been rather a blur....having had no sleep last night. And, because of that I am writing this early......and will lay my exhausted body into the normal horizontal position for the night.......and HOPE that it remains horizontal for 99% of the night!

Life is getting better......and I hope it is GREAT for all of you!!

No comments: