Saturday, November 11, 2006

Return to the hectic Life of a retired Band Director....

Oh yeah......as I said last night.... "Life goes on (as it should)". Today I was off to STL by 8:30 this morning........and did return to F'town until about 5pm. Objective???? To purchase those damn two little pendant lights for the counter/bar, return some unused granite tile, look for a little black leather chair for the entertainment room, window treatments for the sun room windows, and medicine cab./mirror for the bathroom. So....did I complete my objectives?? Haha...what do you think?

Hell no....I did get the granite tile returned, I did look for the little chair, I did check out the EXPO DesignCenter for window treatments, I did look for a mirror/med. cabinet, and I DID look at several places all over STL for the pendant lights......however, the two I wanted will take 4-6 weeks to be shipped!!!!! DAMN!!

Sooooo, I returned home and immediately got online to search for the same two lights. I found them.....cheaper than at Metro Lighting, no taxes, and free shipping. Now, I just need to have a couple of questions answered when they open on Monday morning and then place my order.....and they should be here shortly thereafter!!

This evening I attended an election Victory Celebration for our new Judge.....Rob Fulton. It was a fun evening with many, many of his supporters and campaign workers there for drinks and finger food. It was a nice way to remove from my mind some of the depressing events of this past week. I made sure that I didn't overdose myself on my dark red medicine while there!!!!! Once a month is MORE than I need to do!!!!

And sooooo, another busy day in my retired Life........and....a day of healing so that.....

Life is getting better......and I hope it is GREAT for all of you!!!

No comments: