Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another day that......just disappeared.....

Fr. Roast coffee while I spent a few minutes with the cast of the Today Show this morning.......I have always enjoyed their show, but I oftentimes feel that they are just getting into the "meat" of the story....and then it is on to something else! Oh well........

The contractor and crew arrived while the heavy frost was still on the lawn......and before long the hammering and sawing was in full progress. I left and went to visit Mike this morning......returning about lunch time.

The 1st Lady called me before I left Farmington....and wanted me to bring back some Halogen lights for the kitchen ceiling......and, of course.......I obliged and picked up the new light bulbs. After arriving home, I spent some time going over the plans with the contractor......and listing the items that were still on the "to get done" list. He is almost finished with hanging the cabinets.....and now we will be waiting on the fellow who is going to lay the granite tile on the countertop........and the next step after that will be the refinishing of the hardwood floors. Then the final installation of the appliances, the trim under the cabinets, and a few other minor things.
I truly believe that "THE END IS IN SIGHT"!!!!

Late this afternoon, the 1st Lady and I put together a broccoli-rice-cheese casserole to take to the monthly Madison County Democrat Club meeting. She had to go to Farmington for a dinner engagement with some of her former teacher friends, so......I baked the casserole......and, as I trying to get TheHowserHouse rv door locked, the entire dish and lid slid off of the metal steps and turned over, broke, and spread this steaming, delicious dish all over the driveway!!!! OMG.....but will I be in deep crap when she returns in a few minutes. THAT is why I am writing this now.......in case it turns out to be my last post...ever!!!!! She is going to be UPSET.....it was her favorite dish that she uses all the time!!!!

Sooooo, as the time gets closer for her arrival, I will close as always, fulling feeling that....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: