Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday evening.....editing this morning's post

Just a quickie......I am ok, not in the hospital, and hopefully getting better. The meds are affecting my aging body.....dizzy, squinting in the window light(we do have some sun today), and just generally not myself....YET. More later.....

EVENING:

I soooo appreciate all of you who called and/or emailed me today with your concerns for/about me!!!!!! Oh yeah.....last week and this week have been a couple of really rough weeks.......sure hope in this instance things don't "come in threes". My resistance is not quite ready for anything else for awhile.

Yesterday.....it simply went by in a fog.....instigated by the intake of the drug/meds I have been taking for the "infection". AND.....sad to say, I was not allowed to use any of my infamous dark red medicine. If I had......not sure what would have happened as the pill I am taking makes things blurry and foggy enough with my usual!

Soooo, as many of you know, I just didn't have the "right stuff" to even write a small report last night. And so, I just went to bed.....from my horizontal position on the sofa where I spent the day.....it was a short trip to the bedroom. The pill sure makes it easy to sleep......for more hours than I normally do.

Today.......have felt much better.....until I made a trip to the Bd of Education Building. I kept thinking it was sooooooo damn bright outside....even with just a hint of a sun sometimes peeking through the cloud cover. Couldn't figure it out.....I could hardly stand the brightness. After taking care of some board of ed business I returned home......and had noticed that during the "excursion" into the real world that I was not only squinting, but was a bit dizzy and shaky. Oh well.........

Then I remembered upon returning home that some of the warnings about side effects of this drug is that I should remain OUT of the sunlight......this drug eliminates any protection from the rays of the sun......and it makes it difficult to see in the bright light!!!! DUMB ME!!!! No wonder I thought the sun was unusually bright behind the clouds!!! SOOOO, tomorrow I will wear dark glasses........no need to worry about the skin.....it is toooo damn cold to be exposing any skin.

I AM tired of feeling this way......not 100% John Howser!! I made an appt. with my Dr. for Tuesday morning.....and was told the lab results from the tests had not come back to her office as of this morning. Will certainly be glad.....I HOPE....to get the results, hoping that it is ONLY the bladder/urinary tract infection. I have consumed.....and drained.....many, many, many gallons of water in the past four days.....and will continue to do so to cleanse and flush out the plumbing system in the lower extremities of this aging and sagging hulk of a human.

The countertop is finished and sealed......and now the backsplash needs to be done. We have decided......let me rephrase that.....the 1st Lady has finally agreed to do the backsplash in the same black granite tiles with the copper sparkle that we have on the countertop. I have pushed for that for the past few weeks.....and think she finally got tired of trying to find a better alternative!!??

I am making arrangements with friends to come over late Tuesday afternoon to assist us with moving the heavy pieces of furniture off of the hardwood floors. NOW.....just exactly where all the furniture is to be placed.......we don't have a clue. But....it has to be done as the floor man will begin on Wednesday afternoon and by the time we return on Monday after Turkey Day, the floors will be ready to move the furniture back into the proper places......except the grand piano. It will have to wait about three weeks to be certain the finish on the floor is totally "cured" before we carry it to the corner where it belongs.

And sooooo......you can see I am feeling better or you wouldn't be reading all of this ramblin' crap that has brought you to this point! I am going to close this for now.......tomorrow I am going to attempt to make a run to STL to pick up the backsplash tiles, the medicine cabinet, check out bar stools, check on the cabinet door that are having the ribbed glass inserts installed, find some black caulkin for under the new kitchen sink, and anything other little items. The light at the end of the tunnel of this LONG remodeling project is getting brighter and brighter......FINALLY! I may have to wear my dark glasses in the house......!!

And so........I am almost afraid to say.....that....

Life is becoming almost good.......and I hope it is GREAT for all of you(and that I feel the same in a few more days)!!!!

No comments: