Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A health problem surfaces today.....hope it is a small problem....

With the 1st Lady still up at her mother's home, for some reason I awoke at 4am this morning.......and feeling rather strange. I laid there and tossed around until 6am and then decided to get up. Taking a shower, I began to realize that I felt like I had fever......my eyelids ALWAYS become sooooo heavy when a fever attacks me.

Then when doing my morning #1.......a burning sensation became very strong during the evacuation process. Soooo, I finished my morning cleansing duties and got my Fr Roast and sat down in the den. As the morning wore on I found myself with this fever.....chills.....and getting out of the chair to take care of the necessary #1 problem. I began to drink 8 ounces of water each time I made a trip to the necessary room......and so that only made me head to that little room more and more.....until it was about every 20 minutes. I took some Ibuprfen(sp. is wrong) for the fever.....but it really didn't do much good.

At 2:15 another trip to the little room was necessary, but this time......well, the upsetting color of blood was highly visible. Sitting down in the den....I thought for a couple of minutes and then thought to myself that this will not get better by itself......so, I placed a call to our family doctor in Park Hills and requested an appt for tomorrow....only to be informed that the Dr's office is not open on Wed!!! BUT...the receptionist who seemed to know me when I introduced myself told me to stay on the phone....she would talk with the Dr. She then told me visit Dr. Damba's office here which is run by the nurse practicioner(sp)......and the office girl was a former student of mine. The nurse prac. was not in but Dr. Damba told me to get there and get specimen test taken......Which I did.....

And in doing so.....it was about all blood. She tested it,faxed the results to Dr. Damba, and in two minutes a prescription was called in to our Pharmacy here in town. Initial thought is that it is a bladder infection..........

The meds is HIGHLY potent.......expensive and can only take one a day......plus drown myself with water....which I am doing. Not having ever experienced this type of infection.....well, the worries are most definitely floating through my mind tonight. The lady at the Pharmacy assured me that with this potent medication I should tell a difference in two days.........she had just had the same thing last week and it cured her quickly.......but, we are all diffeent....right?

Soooo, the fever goes up and down....the chills still shake my heated body.....and there is not much of a varied color difference.....just not as intense.

Soooo, now that you know all the gory details and I have explained ALL that I know......I am very receptive to any of you with similiar infections and your experiences. At age 63......the mind ALWAYS goes negative when an internal problem develops.......none of use really know what is happening inside of us......do we????????????????

Life isn't quite as good as I hoped for today......but, for all of you I hope it is really GREAT!!!!!

No comments: